New styles for Resound Omnia

1 Like

Now if they would only make the Omnia BT LE Audio capable … Too bad one can’t have both the old MFi stuff and BT LE Audio available to use in an HA at the same time (switch between the two according to available hosts, etc.) … or can you, possibly?

It looks like they are preparing their entire line to capture the entire audience for a big firmware unveil…

2 Likes

What about previous versions maybe the One’s as well?

Assuming this is a firmware update, do you think that Costco’s Jabra Enhanced Pro series would be updated as well? I’m still using my old KS7s and am ready to upgrade to new technology.

I don’t work for resound and your answer is good as mine… I’m speculating at this point…

That’s ok, I still like your comments on these matters, because if anyone will know it’ll be people like you who work " in the industry"

1 Like

If the Jabra HA is based on the Omnia chip platform, it is likely to get same/similar firmware update as the Omnia HA. I am not saying it is the LE Audio protocol but I hope it is.

Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is getting LE Audio and it is using the same radio chip/ firmware platform as the Omnia

in the last post:

LEWIS 4 to 7 is using nRF52840, this mean the hardware is capable of 5.3 and possibly LE Audio!
I don’t know what’s LEWIS 1 to 3 is using but i suspect N7 2019 firmware upgraded to LEWIS-3 HW/SW with part of LEWIS 4 SW platform for Android’s ASHA protocol. (Linx 3D HW/SW and Quattro SW platform hybrid…)

2 Likes

4 Likes

Interesting that the ITE/ITC, miniRIE, and BTE ones are all rechargeables. Only the two existing RIE, 312 and 13, and the CIC are disposable battery-powered.

I wonder what the different between miniRIE and standard rechargeable RIE… Smaller battery life?

Looks like the miniRIE is a tad smaller than the rechargeable RIE. The order of size by the photo seems to be, from smallest to largest, the miniRIE, the size 312, the rechargeable RIE, the size 13.

Not looking at the spec sheet (available yet?), but maybe the miniRIE is smaller to compete with the small size of the Phonak Lumity - and maybe, like the Lumity, it only has ~18 hours of rechargeable battery runtime?! :rofl: (just a cheap joke!)

I think it’s safe to assume that the (new miniRIE Rechargeable and the new BTE/PBTE Rechargeables) will use Noahlink Wireless as a programming device.

But what about the Customs (CIC-10A battery and ITE/ITC Rechargeable with an optional Telecoil)? Will the Customs have enough room for a wireless radio, and therefore be able to use Noahlink Wireless as a programming device?

1 Like

Datasheet of the resound Omnia miniRIE has lower battery life, 24 hours. It is interesting that we have 2 hearing aid with 24 hours vs 30 hours now…I hope other hearing aid company follow this model

1 Like