New Siemens Pure 7BX

One thing that Marshall Chasin (big in the hearing aid/musician field) recommends is to place clear tape over the hearing aid microphones when listening to loud music to prevent the clipping. It lowers the input to the microphones without distorting the signal

Your audi can make adjustments such as increasing the eWindScreen feature to maximum, and making sure it’s set to binaural. Reducing the high-frequency gain will help soften sharp paper and plastic bag noises. If you’re getting feedback, and others can hear sound leaking out of your ear canal, then the fitting is too open. Try closed domes or double domes.

Sounds like (cheap pun) the bottom line is the 7bx are doing the job for you. You hear better and the noisy environment lets you hear in places you’ve never heard before. As for the negatives, here are some things to consider:
-I think you should go back to your audi, tell them about the feedback and crumpling paper, plastic bags noise symptoms and let them do some adjustments. Once upon a time Siemens had professional training videos easily accessible on their site. I watched them and the scenarios you mention can definitely be addressed by programming by your audi.
-The fact that wind noise is also louder may or may not be a problem per se. Could be the gain is turned up too high or simply that the new HAs are enabling you to hear better overall (you mention you’re hearing better overallso compared to the old HAs) so wind noise sounds louder.
-Electronic noise- I too have experienced that with my 7bxs. I was at a hotel where whenever I went into the public bathrooms and in my room near the door, I heard that ‘static’. It was annoying, but I’m willing to live with it given the better overall performance of my HAs and because I’m hardly ever in places where I get the static.
-loud streaming sounds like another adjustment or maybe the 7bxs are performing at their limit for your type of hearing loss. There’s always the chance your audi didn’t quite get it right simply because you’re at the border line of being able to use the binax series effectively or needing a different model with different performance parameters.

I tried 7bx against top of the line Audeo Qs and 7bx were much better. I ended up buying 7bx, but for some reason my local audis are unable to tune them properly with the molds. They can only use the basic settings when setting them up. I even had to request that they put a vent (and the diameter of it) in the molds, as they had no clue what the vent is all about. Need to get a hold to Connexx software :confused:

Sounds like your audis need some Siemens training. They do have plenty available for Audis. If you can’t find a local who knows how to adjust them, then you may want to get Connexx. Be advised though you’ll have to invest in hardware which is not cheap. The HiPro USB is one way to go. The folks at the Hearing Company used to sell them, but not sure if they do any more. Be aware you’ll have to spend in the neighborhood of $800+ dollars to get the device and all the cables you’ll need to connect to it. So it’s not a cheap investment.

insist they have their Siemens Rep at your next appointment. which level of receivers do you have?

I live about 350 miles from the nearest rep. Only bunch of older audi ladies with nurse based training around here. Things like EQ is a mystery to them.

I have the least powerful receivers, but I don’t think that’s the issue. I have a weird hearing with pretty much 0 bottom and high end and a large cookie bite between 500Hz and 4kHz peaking at -50dB around 2kHz.

confused but whatever…

Not exactly sure what caused the confusion, but I live in a small country in Europe where the hearing aids business is quite different from many other countries. There are only a few companies in the whole country that import hearing aids and only a few people who really know their thing. Too bad that they are pretty far away. The customers here don’t really know what properly set up hearing aids can do, so they don’t know to ask for better customer service. Customers pay high prices (5-6k euros for premium aids, no monetary support from the government) since there is not much competition, but seldom get good and expert level customer service.

small country in Europe… guess my crystal ball needs a tune-up.

I’m going with Lichtenstein :wink:

… but in Liechtenstein there is nothing that could be called “far away”.

I´d guess some baltic country.

Am sure you blew it Bongo. He mentions 350 miles away. Baltic, Former Czech Republic etc. Well, educated and probably overseas because he is a colloquial English speaker and referenced the distance in miles. So much for our Sherlock impressions. Bet we both blew it.

is there a paticular reason folks not in the US fail to mention that until have received ten replies? so how did you end up with molds that is not the default for any of the receivers except the hp’s. when you fivured out this bunch wasn’t so bright did they hold a gun on you to complete the sales. if they are an authorized Siemen dealer if they cant get a rep in person they certainly could get tech support on the phone. this OP is starting to smell a little fishy. Unless you are in BF russia Im not sure you could be 350 mile from multiple large Cities.

Well, Jakey why don’t you share where you are? Lots here don’t. Yeah, it’d help. Who to indite…so many…

well asshole I am in the cincy area have mentioned the same on lots of post.

O…H…!

Time to upgrade the alarms, Audiogirl. And, you’ve grounds for a concealed carry permit. OTOH, with sensitivity training and maybe a ball gag, he might be a somewhat useful part timer. Who’s taking out the garbage now?

So, do the Googley thing Jakey, and put that in your setting. Jeeze! Some people never figure the Internet/computers out. And, based on AG’s reaction you may be overstating frequency.

Im from Czech republic and i trialed pair of siemens 7bx obtained directly in siemens in prague. They costs 27000czk which is about 1200$ (one piece, brand new)

Curious, what is the price range for the Siemens Binax 7bx in the US?