New Siemens Pure 7BX

Just five days into my trial on these and I am truly amazed! I’ve been in every situation that gave me problems before and they have performed above my expectations. The universal program easily handles background noise in these difficult situations including a crowded cafeteria for lunch, conversations in the car while I’m driving, a crowded birthday party for my niece. The sound is very crisp and clear understanding speech on TV is easy now with no distortion. I’m using just two programs right now the universal and a music program she setup for me while driving in my noisy work truck. The music program helps me here the music while driving, the universal messes up the sound by activating the noise reduction. In my personal truck with a high end after market stereo the music sounds incredible with the universal program but the ride is much quieter.

My audiologist has done a good job configuring these things and we’ve just begun. She took real ear measurements several times and made adjustments. During the fitting she covered all the basics of operation, installing, and cleaning. She demonstrated some the features of Binax and had me install the touch control app for my iPhone. Which by the way works great. I didn’t buy the Easytek since I really don’t use any of its features. I don’t talk on the phone very much and when I listen to music I prefer to fill the whole room with it, not slap on a set of headphones. The next appointment in two weeks she says she will start fine tuning everything, setting up the Tinnitus feature and any fitting adjustments. I really don’t know what she can do to make the universal program any better than what it is. The only thing I would like to get changed is the positioning of the receiver wire. The closed click domes I use will move out just a small amount causing the wire to move away from my ear. It’s less than an 1/8 and they seem to seat them selves there and don’t move anymore. This make them much more noticeable by other people so I hope to get this resolved. Im pretty sure that I’ll be keeping aids at this point and highly recommend them to others that are in the market for new HA’s. The cost of these were not cheap as a set from Costco but I did get a sizable discount because I am employed by Siemens.

Congratulations on your new HA’s and you positive experience with them!
I am not trying to sell anything, but I just want to share my personal phone experience with you. When I first got my HA’s and the audi interviewed me about me life style and needs, I told her that I wasn’t using the phone much - and that was true. I anyway got the streamer and I discovered how crisp and clear it was to talk on the phone with the sound coming to both ears. At that point I realized that I over some time had stopped using the phone very much. Subconsciously I had avoided it because it was hard for me to hear what people were saying, without even connecting it to my hearing loss. The mind sometimes have strange ways of rationalizing behavior! Anyway, I just thought I would share that!

Hi,

I have also tested those and really liked them in most situations. Your description is very acurate!

I have also noticed that the wire is very visible. I thought that, as this was for testing only, they didn´t make adjustments to the wire, I think if you warm it up you can change the slope of the wire to fit more directly to your ear and not stand out.

Why are you using closed domes, by the way? Your hearing loss isn´t that bad, so you shouldn´t get feedback with the open domes.

The problem I have with the Pure 7BX is distortion with live-music (piano, singing, I´m not talking about amplified music), the higher the notes (soprano), the more distortion. As I´m a music teacher, this is a real showstopper for me, so I am testing the Widex Dream 440 right now, which do (as far as I can tell after 3 days) not distort, but I liked the overall sound of the Siemens better.

I certainly understand your point but I truly have no problem using a phone with HA’s. I’ve never had problems before I had aids as well. I’m simply not a phone talker and don’t plan to start in the future. I really don’t want another device to have to carry around and charge everyday, I have way too many now as it is.

Hello all!
I’m on the 10th day of the trial period of my Pure 7bx. Starting to get used to the “hair sounds” (when I put the hair behind my ears) and the sound of my voice… (this is the first time I use HA’s ever!) I find them great, but then again, I have nothing to compare with. One thing though: When there’s lots of noise going on, I find it hard to focus on a sound. All of them are as strong to my ears… (like TV in the background etc) Will I get used to this or are they not set good enough? I have a universal program and a noise reducing program.

thanks!

Well since my old aids amplified everything it’s easy for me to recognize when the noise reduction is working. With the new I can still hear things in the background( especially speech) but holding a conversation is so much easier with people around me. I couldn’t do that before.

Hi, I am new to getting hearing aids and after much researching, I have decided to try costco Kirkland signature premium Pro. I was told it is made by Resound and has available the resound accessories.
The features are:
Data-logging: Device-2-Device Communication: Digital Feedback Suppression: Directionality Options:Nanotech coating:Noise Regulator:Sound Processing:Volume Adjustment:Wind Protection.
I know most hearing aids have very similar features. However for under 2000 dollers a pair including remote control and unlimited adjustments and 90 day trial period. Also has 15 channels and4 memories.
I did talk to my audiologist and was told the right ear would accommodate a open ear mold? and the left ear a somewhat closed or molded ear mold. From my signatue at the bottom of my post am i on the right track?

start your own thread this thread is about the new Siemens aids.

I had an appointment to see my audi on wednesday to see if she could correct the wire position. Once she saw how they were fitting she said the wire was just a little too short. Unfortunately she didnt have the next size longer in stock so she changed out the standard receiver to a medium power receiver of the same size. The receiver of the medium power is about an 1/8 longer and the fitt is obviously better but the sound from the different power receiver sounds different. Not necessarily in a bad way but different as in a lot more bass / low frequencies that didn’t stand out before. I prefer the sound of the standard one for sure. Should she have made adjustments after moving up to the next power receiver? She has the next size receiver on order for me which ill get next Wednesday.

Was this a permanent replacement or to hold you over until she got the correct one?

Just a temporary till the new one come in.

If we did change receivers permanently would the aids have to be reconfigured?

Yes. But not worth the hassle for week or so.

Any of you folks trying the new Binax aids ever tried or used Micon? How are they comparing side by side? How much better is the new Binax technology?

I’m currently demo’ing the Siemens Pure Binax 7bx and I have the easyTek device as well. They are possibly replacing my Starkey 3 i70 CIC’s.

I don’t have a copy of my audiogram, but I have a profound hearing loss and was told CIC’s were not the route to go. Been wearing CIC’s for 7 years due to my own stubborn insistence and counter to professional advice. Anyway…

A few things / questions I have:

1. Music sounds like crap via the easyTek device. Normally, I listen to music with my beyerDynamic Pro headphones. Even my car’s bluetooth sounds better than the easyTek.

2. The spatial / directional ability of these seem to do nothing for me. I use the easyTek app on my iPhone and can’t really tell a difference when adjusting the spatial setting. It does not seem to improve hearing and understanding the tv for instance.

3. Overall sound does not sound as “natural” as my Starkeys, although everything is much louder. These Simenes sound “loud”. I don’t know if want to call them “harsh” or if that’s just the increased power I’m hearing? The Starkeys aren’t as loud / powerful, but sound much more natural.

4. How do these sound / compare to the Starkey Halos?

Many thanks,

Michael

As mentioned in your other post have a program added into the easytek Have them boost the low end and bring the high end down a little and go from there. No matter what aids you go with they aren’t going to sound like a higher end headset. If you get your normal/base program dialed in you really won’t need to be constantly screwing with the app.

I’ve had my new Siemens Pure 7bx + easyTek + mobile App for a few weeks now, and they are very good indeed. However there are a few limitations with the program options, even though this model is the top of the Siemen’s range:
Each aid can contain one program only, according to my audiologist - I currently have volume and program-changing in mine. This means I cannot adjust the “spatial configurator” (who dreams up these names?) without the mobile phone app plus easyTek. Nor can I turn off the aids without opening the battery compartment, although I can do so with the easyTek.
The T-Coil does not seem to enhance land-line telephone volume, but makes normal telephone voices a little clearer. I find that just using the phone’s loudspeaker gives better results.
My land-line telephone also has Bluetooth, but it won’t pair directly to easyTek. I haven’t figured out yet whether if I pair the landline phone to my mobile phone, if I can then link in to it via the Bluetooth function in easyTek. Even if that is possible, by the time all the switching was done with an incoming call, the caller would probably have given up.
The “spatial configurator” is an excellent feature - but is fiddly to set since it needs the mobile phone at present.
One good feature of the mobile app is being able to see battery levels, and modify the mix between bass and treble.
Overall, to get the best out of these aids, you do need the easyTek and your mobile phone.

Having got all that out of my system, I have to say the Pure7bx is a significant improvement over my previous aids (Pure 700’s)
dougy

L HZ R
55 250 45
50 500 50
60 1000 60
65 2000 65
80 4000 75
95 8000 85

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by each aid can only have one program. Are you referring to the rocker switch program? The aids can have up to 6 programs I believe, changeable with the rocker switch if programmed to do so, the Touch Control app or easytek or easytek app. The touch control app has the ability to turn off the aids, change programs, adjust volume, and change bass/treble bias. I find the Touch control app very useful especially for turning them off and adjusting volume. There’s no doubt that the universal program can handle nearly all situations if setup correctly, it’s all I’ve used and feel no need to have others.

You are either very confused or your AuD is.

If you have the rocker switch set to Volume and Program change, your audi can also select the Enable Power On/Off feature. This will let you turn off the hearing aids with a long press. Volume up/down will still be a short press, but program change becomes a medium press. Spatial Configurator is best controlled with the easyTek app because you can access both Span and Direction; the rocker switch can only do Span.