New ReSound / Jabra / Beltone app for Android & Apple

On October 4, an upgraded app for ReSound HAs (ReSound, Jabra, Beltone, etc.) was uploaded to the Apple and Android stores. I’ve been unhappy with the app so far, but maybe this will be the fix I’ve been looking for. If you’re less than delighted with the app, it’s available.

I forgot that the app might have needed an update for ReSound’s next generation of HAs. What I’m hoping for is that the programmers fixed at least some of the bugs that drove me from Samsung to Apple, especially the bugs that followed me to Apple - in explicable changing from one volume slider to 2, setting volume differently in the 2 sliders, even though I set the volume with a combined slider, inexplicable loss of connection with one or both aids.

I was having a hell of a time with connection problems with Android and my ReSound’s. When Android updated to version 13 I benefited with ~90% connection performance improvement.

1 Like

Apple is much better with connecting to the Resound Omnias since IOS 17.0.1, but I have a slight feeling that IOS 17.1 is not quite as good.

The new version of the Resound app works pretty well for me with the Omnias, but for whatever reason the app can’t seem to find Resound Assist and keeps asking me to try again. I haven’t checked with Resound’s App Support team yet, but for sure they will tell me to tell my phone to forget the hearing aids, then delete the app (and consequently the saved data) and power cycle the phone. Then reinstall the app and pair my hearing aids to the phone again. I’ll try that sometime. I don’t need Resound Assist, but I would like it to not keep reminding me.

For anyone interested in self-fitting, Resound issued a new version of SmartFit 1.17 at about the same time as the app update. The only change I noticed with that was that the Resound Nexia is now supported.

I agree, but I’ll give it 75%