New Phonak models?

So I just read Sonova believe their “Market share” will increase this financial year with ”further significant product launches” and say "The coming fiscal year will include further significant product launches that will enhance our industry-leading performance and drive growth, especially in the second half of the year,” I wonder if this now means a new platform is imminent? I wonder what they’ll be offering this time, that the others haven’t already done.

1 Like

1 Like

I expect lumity customs to come out later this spring and a new version of Audeo late summer. A new platform under them would be quite welcome.

WH

1 Like

Yes, the Audeo is the one to watch for sure, I’m hoping their gonna offer a new bluetooth chip (at least)

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for the updated Virto for almost 2 years now. If it doesn’t come soon I’ll give up and get something else. I’ve been told that the holdup is the rechargeable battery and the update may be a 312. Either way is OK with me but I prefer rechargeable. I’ve tried all styles and much prefer the half shell ITE.

1 Like

I posted elsewhere that the platform revision will come in around August this year. The Unitron version likely to drop later Sept. Ready for promotion at the UHA.

2 Likes

Unitron is currently on Vivante (Lumity comparison?) and their CIC/ITC are on Blu. So I assume Phonak Virto will go to Lumity and Unitron Insera(CIC/ITC) will go Vivante?

Not quite, there’ll be new replacements for Lumity and Vivante. I’m not sure if this will pull through as a full product line to ITE/CIC as well.

I’m sure Phonak has quite a reasonable ’shopping’ list, based on all the recent releases. Arriving later to the market might work in their favour. It’s going to be interesting to see how they drop their Bluetooth implementation too: especially as there’s going to be a legacy portion of their market who will want to stick with their current phone/bluetooth connection, but the Engineering battery starvers might want a different solution.

2 Likes