New Oticon Platform 2024? Intent/Encanta

They are changing the Bernafon branding so it seems I see more like fitted an instrument in terms of environment , also browse the literature notice that the headquarter has moved to Denmark probably dropping the Swiss made branding

Changing the Bernafon branding???

I was wondering this also, like a name change?

I thought that the Encanta is just the newly to-be-released MODEL name for the brand Bernafon, no? Or are you saying that the brand Bernafon now changed to the brand name Encanta? Unlikely.

Yes, Encanta is a model name.

Bernafon::Encanta = Oticon::Intent = Philips::9050 – as to terminology only, not necessarily technology

Do you have a link for this?

I think it’s pretty obvious, @billgem , if you go to Bernafon.com and you see Bernafon featuring the Encanta as their newly featured hearing aid model. So Bernafon is still the brand name, and Encanta the model name.

1 Like

not a name change, I notice when you seen the encanta 100 , you notice how they put
this instrument is for quiet, this for group etc. This seems like a new way of communicate
but not saying much about how the instrument really works

I read Bernafon Enchanta brochure. There mentioned “Tap” feature on Bernafon Hearing aids.

Did Oticon Intent have these? I guess “why not” they both have sensor motion.

What does the Tap feature do on the Encanta? Is it similar to the Phonak tap control feature? The Phonak one has the following 3 functions:

1. Answer and end phone calls.
  2. Trigger virtual assistants.
  3. Start/stop BT media streaming

I looked thru the Intent matrix comparison and I don’t see any mention of Tap Control feature.

There no further explanation of “tap” feature but it say “call handling”. But I believe there are more than that simple call handling. Potential for more controls like Phonak feature.

1 Like

@Volusiano, are you saying that the Encanta is a rebadged Intent? And that the 9050 is as well?

No, that’s not what I’m saying. I thought we were just clarifying semantics here. Someone (@user246 ) said that they are changing the Bernafon branding, and I thought that you and @tenkan were trying to get clarification whether they’re talking about the Bernafon brand name changed to a different name (Encanta). So I was just pointing out that it looks like the Bernafon name is still the same as before, and Encanta is not the new brand name that replaces Bernafon, it’s just a new model name introduced by Bernafon.

I maintain the same position I always have that I don’t think the Bernafon Encanta and the Philips 9050 are rebadged Oticon Intent. They may share the same hardware and a lot of the new features that come with the new hardware platform like the accelerometers and the look and feel and the new size 13 contact charging system, new receivers, etc. But it stops there and it looks like the 3 core technologies for the 3 brands (Oticon, Bernafon and Philips) are still different from each other like before.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood. Sorry.

Yeah I was, but it’s all pretty obvious now, thanks for clarifying.

You can handle calls with a tap, kick Siri into life or start/pause streaming: the feature is on Sonova/other products already.

2 Likes

Although I mentioned in an earlier post that I didn’t see any mention of the Tap feature in the Oticon Intent literature, the following video that talks about the Intent did mention about the Tap Control feature at 17:28 minutes into the video. He only said that you can double tap it to answer a phone call. But he said that it won’t stop the streaming content with the double tap. You’d still have to stop the streaming on your phone or accessory manually to silence it. There might be other functionalities possible with the Tap Control (like how Phonak has it for a smart assistant like Siri, also to control the streaming), but it wasn’t mentioned in the video.

1 Like

Ah OK, I assumed that it was able to access the same funtinality as other products.

What hearing aid do you use for your hearing loss?

Has anyone seen numbers for the processing lag with Intents?

It’s not on datasheets, not mentioned on any test reviews that’s I’ve seen.