New oticon more1 loosing my audiogram

Hello,
I’m currently in the evaluation phase for new oticon more. Tried more3, more2 and lastly ($$$) more1. My audiologist also lent me a connectclip - this would be perfekt for me when pushing my wife in her wheelchair.
When I drove home from my aud., the train was full of talk and at home I could perfectly talk with my wife although her TV was on. Then I paired the ConnectClip.
Next day everything was “louder” and “sharper” but understandig was totally gone.Even wind didn’t hiss any more.
I called my aud. and we reprogrammed the mores with remote support. No effect. It seems, that the more’s just fell back to a sort of factory default.
Unfortunately first I got a severe cold and then my aud., so next personal session is next week after 2 weeks pause.
Has anyone seen such an effect - and maybe even an explanation because my aud. seems helpless too?

It doesn’t sound like the aids ever got the information saved to them. It could be a bad hardware of the aids, it happens. Or the software never saved the information to the aids, that also happens. As someone that has been wearing aids for close to 20 years I have seen lots if issues with aids failing. The more complicated things get the more different ways they can fail.

Perfect idea!
Eventually they have a Flash-problem and worked out of RAM until the next reboot.
:wink: (and that to me, who did mikroelektronics for 40 years…) :wink:
I will restart/load/pair them at the audiologists before leaving.

1 Like

After one is done programming in Genie 2, the software gives out 2 options, to save the programmed data in the hearing instrument and/or in the database on the computer. The normal course of action would be to save in both places. After the choice is made, the hearing aids will reboot automatically but will come back up with the saved data inside the aids.

My only guess is that it’s possible that your audi might have forgotten to go through this Save & Exit routine and let you walk out with the newly programmed data temporarily stored in the aids during the reprogramming process, but not permanently saved into your hearing aids. So the next day, after the recharge process, the aids reboot themselves automatically and came up with the original default data in the aids (before the reprogramming took place at the audi’s) because the newly reprogrammed data was never saved into the aid in the first place.

That’s the only scenario I can think of, assuming that there’s nothing wrong with the brand new aids. But of course the aids themselves could have become defective somehow as well. But it’s very unlikely that BOTH aids would become defective the next day at the same time in the same way like that.

Why your audi could not reprogram your aids via the Remote Support, I have no idea. But I don’t have any personal experience with doing Remote Programming myself because I’m a DIY, so I don’t really know that process myself to guess what could have gone wrong there.

Thanks a lot!
My audi is really good in making nearly deaf people socialable again, but he is no nerd regarding software (that’s more my thing - but as long as i don’t really own my HAs, it’s no use “searching” for software).
Since i can be quite pushy, I will come home with a solution next week and post it here.

Update:
We reprogrammed the HAs (with NOAH). Now they seem to work again.
BTW:
It was an interesting experience to ride in a good populated train with an “intelligent” hearing aid that was not adapted to my ears.
Noise reduction and speech enhancement of course worked, so i heard a lot of voices properly located around me - none of which i could understand. There seemed even a Klingon to sit diagonally behind me :wink:

Next issue:
We did in-situ audiometry. Now hearing is worse than with the headphone-test. Now i feel the domes like muffled with cotton. Next my audi will reprogram with the conventional audiogram. Hoping for the best…

That seems backwards to me. The in-situ audiometry is usually used to fine tune programming after the audiogram has been programmed in to the aids.

If that is their strategy return the aids if you can and find a more competent hearing professional.

First issue definitely sounds like a failed end of session save, but that shouldn’t make a difference with the More as they pre-save all the way through; only the Noah save occurs on the exit.

The second issue seems like a programming/occlusion one. If the adjustment isn’t right, it can be reversed.

Luckily it’s not that bad - neither the audiologist nor the “cotton-plugs”.
I did not mean “real-ear-measurement” (the procedure with the tubes). We just used the hearing aids to generate the test tones.
My ENT (say: his medical assistant girl) made a rather different audiogram than my audi. So my audi wanted to use a different approach to find out which one is more realistic.
No wonder it’s worse, since just before a tympanogram was made and after thoroughly shaking my middle ear hearing is worse. (Somehow that’s good! The worse the prescription for a hearing aid is, the less trouble i have with my health insurance :wink:).

Tones near the eardrum are recoginzed better versus the ubiquitous tinnitus, but my audi hadn’t considered that. He told me, that i would perform a lot better with the in-situ-tones. So he gave the new measurement a try (until the next visit), but this was the wrong turn. (i don’t have the new curve - i will ask for it).

If i compare the last audiograms, the audiologist’s conventional curve looks most probable.(I dont know why - they all seem to combine the audio-test with a reaction-test. While i am still listening, they already change the level. My audi increases until i signal “ok”, the ENT first increases and then decreases again - would be better if they weren’t so hasty.) As soon as i own my devices, i will organize Genie2 and then repeat the measurement without any hustle.