New OTC hearing aids offered at Sam's Club

Saw these offered under the Lucid OTC HA’s at the hearing center, Sams Club, Oklahoma.

I ignored the $299pr, but these prices at $499 and $799 I wonder how they Compare to the Lucids I have purchased before?
These are smart phone app settings, and one is blutooth connected (for music?)

Addendum thought: I lost my latest pair of HA this year, and insurance benefits are out. I need any input from people who have tried these new OTC HA’s. TIA.

I realise this may not be on the minds of people buying them, but why couldn’t they be made to look nicer?!

These look like Aids back in 1997.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree, the $499 pair look just like Siemens Pure, ugly, so is that MFi streaming only?

1 Like

Here is a marketing site for them. It appears they came from the audio industry. They also have a brand selling supplements to help vision and hearing.

Interesting read. However they don’t seem programmable other than the four default programs. Didn’t see that they did an actual hearing test if any sort.

I feel like this was intentional to push people towards higher end models that “look nice” but may perform the same in specific environments.

Check out the two OTC offerings from Sony. They are based on professional models offered by Signia at a fraction of those prices and they’re both in the ear products. I’ve used the CIC model and it works good for mild hearing loss.

1 Like

Buyer beware. Educate yourself.

1 Like

I have had my Sony cre-c10’s for two months. Got them as backup for my prescription aids. To my surprise my prescription aids are now backups to the Sony’s :smile:

They don’t entertain me with streaming, but they do the one thing I wanted HA’s for. And that is to hear better, and I hear better with them than my prescription aids. I was even able to get them through my Medicare Advantage provider with zero out of pocket cost.

The one and only negative for me is battery life. But I think that is because I am on the fringe of the hearing loss range they are designed for. Therefore they are working extra hard, and so draining the little “10” batteries faster.

That is likely due to your hearing professional. Good ones are difficult to find. I believe, after 20 years, I may have found one 2.5 hours away.

Glad to hear (no pun intended) that you’ve enjoyed your Sony OTCs. Mine worked well too, so much so that i was considering buying a pair of their commercial models from eBay (Signia Silk X). I got about 3-5 days of battery life myself but i wasn’t used the best brand of battery which i understand is RayoVac.

1 Like

How were you planning to program the Signia Silk X if you bought from eBay? Are you able to do yourself or do you still need to see an audiologist?

Just by using the manufacturer’s software and hardware for programming, lots of us are doing DIY.

I’m very intrigued and interested. Any way to point me in the right direction to do something similar?

Purchase hardware and/or software off eBay?

Yes some things can be got from eBay, check your PM.
It’s all pretty easy to do.

Appreciate it my friend

1 Like

There are two options. A lot of the eBay HA resellers will program them for you if you send them your Audiogram. Also the programming software is available here and you can buy the required hardware programmer and adapter cables on eBay as well.

Any eBay sellers you recommend for the ones that program with your audiogram?