New myPhonak App 6.5.0 for iOS was released

Just noticed that Phonak released an update for the myPhonak App (Version 6.5.0). Seems to be a bunch of new features. It downloaded to my iPhone but has since disappeared from Apple’s App store. Weird. Anyone else get it?

Jordan

1 Like

It showed up on my phone yesterday. I haven’t done much with it yet

There are a few obviously new features. There is now an option in the hearing aid settings to keep the connection between the hearing aids and the app active at all times. I noticed a new dark mode that changes the background to black in the evening. You can now sync the health data connected by the Lumity hearing aids to Apple Health (not sure why I would do that).

I don’t use the app too much but it’s nice to see that Phonak keeps working on it.

Jordan

1 Like

I have the same version of myPhonak as you. The new version.

I shall run “stay connected” as a trial, to see how it affects battery life.
DaveL
Toronto

1 Like

Apparently stay connected won’t cause much battery drain.

I’m testing it.

1 Like

It is also available for Android.
Version 6.5.0.893

1 Like

Stay connected is fantastic. Like any other Bluetooth LE connection (which is how the app connects).

I use the app in scenarios where I want to change the balance of the Bluetooth audio or Roger streaming audio to be more or all Bluetooth/Roger, less or no device microphone. Similar to enabling/disabling transparency with standard high end consumer airpods/earbuds. This is especially useful on a planes.

So having the connection always be persistent makes getting access to that slider adjustment much faster.