New Member, long hearing aid user

Hi,

New member here. I’ve been wearing HA’s for around 15 years and suffered from acute tinnitus for much longer.

I got fitted with NHS aids 15 years ago and wore them until 5 years ago when I took the plunge and went private. I didn’t do any research or go to a few audiologists and was fitted with Widex Evoke 440’s. These have been fine and the Widex Zen program has really worked wonders for my tinnitus but they have started to play up a bit lately and I’ve noticed that clarity of speech is getting worse.

I’m ready for an upgrade now and done loads of reading up on the latest and greatest aids (this place has given me great insight) and decided that the best for me at the moment will be the Oticon Intent 1.

I’m sure most of the other brands would suffice for my needs but the Intents come out on top for me.

Anyway, just thought I’d introduce myself and give a bit of background incase I pop up in any threads.

Cheers

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I have been wearing aids almost 20 years. The last 14 have been a number of different Oticon hearing aids. I am an American Veteran with service related hearing loss and blessed with having my veteran’s benefits. I know so many seem to bounce from brand to brand but I have found i just want to have a consistent sound and that is what Oticon has provided.

2 Likes

Hi @PeteTab welcome to the forum.

Are you able to trial the Oticon Intent or the new Widex SmartRIC?

1 Like

@Baltazard, I’m going to trial the Oticon and if they give me that “wow” moment over my Evokes I’ll stick with the Intent.

1 Like

@PeteTab Are you getting them from Boots hearing?
How long is the warranty 4 or 5 years?

@Baltazard, I’m going with Audiological Science. I know a couple of people who have used them and they have been full of praise for them, although you can never be certain.

They have a clinic local to me, they have a 5 year guarantee and a sixty day, no quibble return policy.

2 Likes

@PeteTab Good price on the Oticon Intent :+1:t3:

I am currently trialling Phonak, Oticon Intent and also ReSound Nexia. I would recommend trying different brands. I have been amazed at how different the Phonaks and Oticon sound to each other. Neither has been an “a-ha” improvement over my current ReSound Linx 3Ds. Both have some pros and cons.

I was surprised because my current aids are quite old and I expected all the latest generation aids to be a big step up from what I have now. But they aren’t, and it’s making the choice quite difficult.

2 Likes

@PeteTab See below:

@Baltazard, thanks for this.

When I started looking at the Oticon Intent, I used the Oticon website for Audiologists local to me who I presume are official vendors of their products.

2 Likes