New hearing test. Hearing aids are loud

New test results are shown in my audiogram.

This is my first hearing test I can trust in years. It shows 10 to 20 dB more loss, but it’s in line with what I expect from the audiologist I was with for 8 years. They were followed by an Audi who supplied new hearing aids who finally declared my hearing had improved.

question…what is occlusion?

2 Likes

More generally, occlusion is blocking. Trees growing up can obscure a view of the valley you remember from childhood. Or mud on your windshield can obscure your view of the road.

In hearing, it feels or seems/sounds like your ear canal is plugged or at least partially blocked. You hear your own voice booming (for some people) and sound is distorted and or attenuated.

WH

4 Likes

Thanks WHat! Helps a lot

Much appreciated

1 Like

Thanks WhiteHat

My ears were checked by the wonderful hearing aid practitioner who set them up about 8 days ago. He assured me they were clear. I’ve always asked my Audiologists if they were clear Always been Told they were clean.

In more than 12 years my hearing has always deteriorated between tests. The Audi who provided my Paradise P90R’s declared my hearing had improved. Yet within a month the practitioner set up my hearing aids so I could finally hear using a Target quick fit, and the Audi’s audiogram. Now some 6 months or so later I have a new audiogram showing 10 to 20 dB additional loss. I can hear so much better.

The new practitioner has worked miracles. He spoke of Occlusion. However, my HA’s seem loud. I am using power Domes now

I could not hear before the way the audiologist set them up. He kindly set up my 3 year old Phonaks. I thanked him and told him I wished my hearing was as good with the Paradise P90Rs he had provided.

Dave

1 Like

I had a new hearing test today. It’s been about 3-4 weeks since an accurate hearing test was done by “Hearing Well Matters”

I’ve had some trouble understanding words in conversation lately. Work. Home.

So here’s my new audiogram. Let’s see how this goes.

Observation: comparing hearing tests since about 2019 til now, the dispensing audi for my current hearing aids didn’t test well. His Audiograms were inaccurate. Compared to the hearing aid practitioners I have now

I can hear better now.

1 Like