New hearing aids from connect hearing need adjusting

Monday I got new hearing aids from Connect Hearing. The left one is feedbacking constantly and the audiologist won’t return my phone calls, not even to have the receptionist call and say that she’s too busy to call me. Four days later I’m beyond pissed. I’ll call corporate headquarters tomorrow morning.

My insurance works with Truhearing. I called TruHearing today and they said well maybe I’ll have to go to another audiologist but I’ll have to pay. That’s just not right.

Suggestions? Anyone know what the relationship between Truhearing and connect hearing is?

1 Like

Connect hearing in Canada bought out my audi’s business about 2years after I got hearing aids from them. I had been a client of that audi for about 8 years. I decided to leave the audi before I learned they were now an office for Connect Hearing.

My understanding is that they have many clinics in Canada. And Connect Hearing is owned by Sonova. (spelling?)

There are many people here with good information. I’m sure that you’ll get answers that help.

Thanks Davel. The audiologist finally got in touch with me yesterday and I have an appointment Monday to see her. I don’t quite know what happened. Something about a temp that was supposed to be relaying her messages that didn’t.

1 Like

Is there a way to to close this topic?

Most healthcare professionals, at least were I am, are booked with back to back appointments from the beginning to the end of the day. Phone calls often also have to be booked into the schedule for that reason. Two minutes of clinical time is usually considered valuable. Patients are squeezed in. Lunch is often worked through. Staying late is standard, washroom breaks are not.

Is it ideal? Probably not. But it explains why the clinician doesn’t just take random calls.

Sorry the staff member couldn’t help you. Good that you have an appointment Monday. Try just inserting the hearing aid more deeply.