New hearing aids and other devices announced at EUHA?

I was wondering whether any new devices will be announced, or have already been announced, at the EUHA conference currently ongoing in Nuremberg?

1 Like

At the moment the only announcement has been from Oticon about a diagnostic test for hearing in noise. I’m guessing that was timed with the EUHA congress in mind.

Other than that I have seen nothing. I have been on their website and seen some tweets from Audiology World News on Twitter - but no new announcements about anything.

We recently had news about the Resound Nexia and Signia iX so I would be surprised if there is anything newer than that.

Is this a dead end in technology development? Only Bluetooth LE Audio remains, nothing else is new.

I don’t know. I usually see at least a couple of press releases when the EUHA takes place.

The only new story I have seen in the last few days is this:

But this is still in the research stage.

2 Likes

The solution:
Thanks to the introduction of ACT, hearing care professionals will have additional diagnostic information to provide a more personalised solution quickly and easily for specific hearing loss and to optimally fit a hearing aid the first time. Through diagnostic integration, the Oticon Genie 2 fitting software will automatically and immediately calculate the optimal amount of help a client needs in noise. Based on the language-independent ACT test which takes an average of 2 minutes to conduct, the software auto-generates personalised help-in-noise settings, providing the correct dose of ‘contrast’ to better separate speech from noise, based on a person’s ACT value. The prescription enables hearing care professionals to fully deploy the advanced capabilities of Oticon hearing aids (Oticon Real and onwards) in the most effective way. The integration is expected to be available in the next release of the Genie 2 fitting software in 2024."
"

Nothing to do with EUHA afaik, and not even in a product yet, but I didn’t want to post a whole topic for it, so…

https://audioxpress.com/news/aondevices-introduces-super-low-power-low-latency-customizable-edge-ai-speech-enhancement

1 Like