New hearing aid comparison engine

You can now add and remove devices, comparing up to 7 devices at a time. This was a ton of work. Love to get your thoughts. If you experience any issues or bugs please share some info about your browser, operating system, and device.

5 Likes

How do you find models sold at Costco or does the user need to know the equivalent (oticon, resound, etc)?

I entered Jabra and saw two choices.

I entered Philips and saw no records.

I entered Rexton and saw no records.

Costco models are an issue because they don’t publish the same comprehensive feature guides that we count on from non-costco brands… However, we’re going to start testing them at HearAdvisor, and then we’ll at least be able to run some type of comparison… so you’ll see them soon.

6 Likes

Thanks. I’d be glad to see more technical data comparison such as max gain, frequency range etc.

It would be nice info to have. Of course the reality is there are so many variables that change the output characteristics, like dome type, custom molds / venting, power options, feedback, etc. We could add the ansi data for various power levels … Will look at it.

Sidebar, fitting ranges might be more useful …

5 Likes

Maybe your reviews should include a disclaimer to the effect that there is no substitute for trialing the HA’s of interest with the custom fitting you require/desire to judge what the HA will actually sound like to you. I notice for the audio streaming of the Omnia in the SoundScore audio, the bass does seem very lacking. However IRL, when streaming with custom-fit occlusive molds and a MODERATE bass boost set for streaming, I actually find the bass pretty good. And I find for external sound, bass usually penetrates my molds pretty well, so in my car, I can enjoy thumpingly good bass from my car audio despite my occlusive molds.

In skimming through the reviews, I didn’t see much emphasis given to battery runtime. Whether for rechargeables or disposables, there ought to be some indication of how much runtime you get with how many hours of streaming as that varies greatly for different brands of hearing aids even amongst the rechargeables. A business person might stream constantly throughout the day for phone calls. The OEMS usually provide a quantitative indication of the amount of streaming that’s factored into a given estimate of runtime, and HearingTracker could just quote such estimates as provided or indicate no “quantitative” example has been provided by the OEM.

Overall, the reviews are really GREAT! Love the thoroughness and detail! Thanks for all the hard work. I hope it pays off for you.

1 Like

I think it’s great, mate. Brilliant work. It’ll be much appreciated by many, I’m sure.

2 Likes

Excellent resource, thank you to all involved…

1 Like

Great beginning. But my impression is that when listening to this with earphones, I am hearing what the hearing aid puts into my ear, NOT what MY particular ear/brain will actually “hear.” Still need lots of real time trials.

I think I see why they’re programmed for a typical ski-slope loss: So an unaided user with that loss can experience the output. But as an aided user I’d prefer they be programmed for a flat loss. That would let me experience the different aids’ noise reduction without the gain curve getting in the way.

I appreciate the comments about the audio, but specifically I’m interested in feedback about the actual website and how it works and functions.

@AbramBaileyAuD

I was on the site before I saw this. My wish was to compare the hearing aids I had to their recent replacement. (to see if I should be planning a purchase).
I started looking for the Phonak Audeo Paradise P90’s I have. I looked thoroughly. I couldn’t find it and quit looking. That’s a minus…
I did find the lumity hearing aids. They were the first that I found! That’s a plus…

My goal is to find a way to take the worry out of selecting new hearing aids. Kind of like checking the old Tire Rack reviews before buying tires…

DaveL
Toronto

2 Likes

@AbramBaileyAuD

I’m impressed! I think that this is excellent.
Thank you!

DaveL
Toronto