New Grip Tips from Oticon

I’ve been trialing a pair of Agil Pros for almost 2 months now. While the sound is getting closer and closer to getting dialed in, the fit of the receivers were driving me absolutely bonkers. I’ve tried all three open fit domes and the tulip domes. The smallest open fits were the least annoying, but I was totally aware that they were in my ear at all times. Bonkers, I tell you. I am very used to wearing ear plugs and I can generally pretty much forget about them after a while because the gentle pressure is constant and not painful (Howard Leight Laser Lites). Anyway, my audiologist called Oticon and they sent her a set of Grip Tips, about which she had not previously been aware. The come in two sizes, are soft silicone and are shaped to fit a generic ear canal. They come in vented and non-vented versions and my feedback is this: they are the best thing that has happened to me with respect to solving my fit issues!! I am ecstatic. There is a slight occlusion effect, but it isn’t too bad (I’m very sensitive to occlusion). Bottom line, if you are not happy with how the receivers for either your Intiga or Agil/Agil Pro fit inside your ear and you either don’t want a custom mold or you’ve tried a custom mold and it didn’t work out, I strongly suggest you giving these tips a try. I’m about 90% less depressed about how I think that hearing aids will work out for me after trying these tips. Just thought I would share.

I should add that there is also what is called a Lite Tip that is in the same vein as the Grip Tips… something else to consider as well.

Information:

You will need to copy and paste the line above in your browser; I cannot post links yet (a bit annoying…)

(I don’t think that either of these will work with Power Domes, but read the literature carefully to find out or ask your audiologist to confirm.)

thanks for the info. looks like the intiga has a different receiver unit. and it has a curve to differentiate from left and right. I always wondered if this left right bias was real or just a way to make more money. anybody know?

i see that these new molds are not available for the power receiver.

this is part of a new speaker system- The speakers are curved so they have a better fit.
I will be willing to bet they will be part of the new high end instruments that oticon
is due to launch next year. ’

I have seen Bernafon has some interesting domes, so I bet this will be a part of whatever
instrument is released soon.

NEXT YEAR, will be an interesting one for the industry

thanks for the tip. Although the open domes felt great, I had way too much feedback, so I’ve been wearing the tulip domes for the past year. Although they eliminate the feedback problem, they’re too big for my ear and I find myself shoving them back in several times a day. How is the feedback issue on the grip tips compared to the tulip domes or open fit?

Thanks. BTW… did you order them yourself or does your audiologist have to order them?

Nancy

Got my grip tips today. I think there may be a little more occlusion than with the tulip domes, but the trade off is worth it. I actually hear better (louder) because they don’t wander out of my canal the way the tulip domes did. I could probably use them a little smaller, but they stay in my ear and don’t hurt. Very happy with them so far.

Nancy,
The grip tips do come in different sizes, so make sure that you got the small size. I’ve had rave reviews from my patients who have tried them.

Update: I now own a pair of Alta Pros. The new open domes and curved receivers do better in my ears than the old style, but they still move around a lot. The grip tips aren’t yet available for the Altas, so I’m going to see if I can get a custom Lite Tip. I’ll let you know how I like them if I can get them…

Thank you so much for posting this info!!! These grip tips have changed my life, and I’m not kidding!! I had tried the custom molds and just about everything else. Everything migrated out of my ears! But not these babies!! I am wearing Starkey minis and the Oticon Grip Tips work great!! My audiologist was very impressed and will recommend them to others with the same problems!! Thanks again!!:wink:

Just adding to this old thread rather than start a new one. I am really satisfied with the Oticon grip tips but I have one small issue. They fit so snugly and deep into my ears that I need tweezers to remove them.
Anyone else experienced this?

Just to refresh this:- Do any users of Oticon grip tips find them hard to remove? Do you just tug on the wires?
Thanks