New Features of Signia's IX Platform

Signia just released update to their fitting software, which includes support for the new IX HAs, so we can look at what was actually added.
They updated “Dynamic Soundscape Processing” to 3.0 and it looks exactly the same.

Next, in Sound Settings they added a new beamforming feature, which combines/replaces some old.

Which seems to be the amazing group hearing feature they’re boasting so much about.

That’s all…

1 Like

All very interesting, it might be that new HA users and not experienced users would notice much of a different from the X and AX, but what… no support for LE Audio

It’s supposed to be added later on, there was a note.

So if that works out with a firmware update,then we know that it’s backwards compatible with bluetooth 5.2? That would be fantastic because a number of other brands will follow suit.

It probably is but representative of Signia stated that AX platform won’t be updated to LE Audio. There’s an email floating here somewhere.

They need something to push the sale of new HAs.

It’s good that LE Audio is finally landing, as competition will have to make moves too. And I consider ASHA to be a major failure.

1 Like

Hello
How many hearing profiles appear?

6 listening profiles with IX7, same as AX platform. Or 5 if you’ve meant initial fit profiles.
The only thing that they’ve changed is the new beamforming tech, even the LE Audio connectivity isn’t in yet…

1 Like

Can you elaborate? Thanks in advance.

The IX platforms merges their previous beamforming modes into one automatic mode that follows voice sources and splits beam streams accordingly [up to three depending on the HA’s level].
LE Audio is mentioned but it’s in “ready” state, which means that they will release firmware update in the future to activate it.
LE Audio has a lot of potential, as it’s universal across devices [which would mean more accessories independent from manufacturers] unlike current ASHA or MFi, lower latency, lower energy usage and better audio quality when streaming, amongst other things [it can be used for broadcasting like telecoil systems].

Thanks. Much appreciated.

What yo describe sounds like a significant upgrade. Yes? No?

The beamforming tech needs to be tested/reviewed first, then we’ll see. LE Audio is an industry standard that they’re adopting, the hardware actually remains unchanged from the Previous AX platform [in the case of RICs]. Since it’s all software and it isn’t all in yet even, I remain unimpressed.
It feels like a very forced marketing move.

I agree about the LE Audio.

We’ll look for the reviews, but if the RealTime Conversation Enhancement does what they claim, I will see it as a big step forward.

1 Like

Somewhat frustratingly, I can only find the feature guide in German
IX Funktionsberblick 2023.pdf (1.5 MB)

1 Like

Here’s the English version.

1 Like

Ok so that’s interesting, this so called “new” platform has the same streaming capabilities as the older versions, it’s only ASHA at the moment until it gets a “future firmware” update for LE Audio, but states they can stream directly from your TV without any other device using Bluetooth, so thats whatever profile being offered by ones TV? but ASHA for compatible mobile phones, plus still harping on about the StreamlineMic throughout seems a bit strange.
I don’t like it, it all marketing hype by the looks of it, but I didn’t expect anything “groundbreaking” anyway!

Thanks, @AbramBaileyAuD . :slightly_smiling_face:

Not much is different. Interestingly they added new round semi-open dome, making the receiver setups identical to what Widex has.

Here is a link to an article which explains how the IX platform is different than and exceeds the capabilities of the AX platform, which it is built on.

In addition, this Signia white paper further explains how the AX platform was augmented to develop of the IX platform:

“The new RTCE technology is developed on top of the Augmented Focus processing (split processing) . . , (which) enables separate processing of speech and noise by splitting the incoming noise into two different streams.

“In IX, controlled by advanced sound analysis, RTCE adds three separate focus streams to the split-processing focus stream in the front hemisphere.

“. . . The analysis involves the processing of 192,000 data points per second.

“. . . As the focus streams are constantly adapting their position, width, and level of enhancement, refreshing 1,000 times per second, they will adapt immediately to the conversation layout . . .”

this means that these HA will connect to iphone or android seamlessly?
no more “made for iphone” shit?

We don’t know where Apple stands on this yet.
There are some weird implementations currently, but ultimately yes, you will be able to connect anything LE Audio/Auracast enabled.

1 Like