New ear moulds!

Loving my new soft ear moulds. Haven’t had soft ear moulds for close to 10 years! As you can tell from the pink, I’m female, lol!

6 Likes

From what material are they made?

I think cotton candy? But don’t quote me.

2 Likes

I believe they are made of silicone. I have worn a pair (not pink but skin coloured) for close to 8 years and they last forever.

Mold color goes nicely with HA color, too!

1 Like

For a second, I thought you’d made them yourself from ‘Hubba Bubba’ chewing gum:

Seriously though, they look snazzy! Enjoy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Zebras, is it your hearing aid? You have pretty good audiogram for trying small RITEs.

Are both of your moulds pink? If I recall correctly, you were the one with the Jazzy bi-color aids with even jazzier bi-color moulds.

1 Like

I love the colour, but I’m gay.

3 Likes

Actually they have become a mid-brown colour only where it touches the ear canal but the visible outer portion is still a pale skin colour and does not change. When they get a bit nasty, I detach them and drop them into a very dilute mixture of ammonia and water and leave them for an hour or so. It strips the wax right off the mould and out of the tube as well and does not do any damage that I have noticed. Then I blow all traces of fluid out with compressed air and dry everything thoroughly.

5 Likes

I prefer to build high quality hard UV Earmolds for my customers
Soft Earmolds are broken after a while or even change their colour specially the top of the canal by the way I’m not an audiologist I just fix and repair hearing Aids and build Earmolds

That’s one groovy mould! If you don’t mind me asking, where do you go to get a mould done like that in the UK? Costco have put me on soft domes, but I have been advised a mould would give me more benefit, so would love to try.
Bob

I go here. It costs me £9.95 each mould and they fit very well. Arlington Laboratories makes earmoulds for NHS customers and hearing aid dispensers

I’ve had moulds from Starkey and they weren’t made as well and cost me £34 each mould.

1 Like