Need some HELP with Hi-pro(hi-crap)

Hello,
I need some help with Hi-pro programmer can’t seem to put this thing working…
Can someone please HELP
Thanks

1 Like

Ok I have the first one Hi-pro and I have Genie and have serial cable rs 232 and downloaded Hi-pro drivers, but when I connect all and power on I only have a green light from the right side the other lights won’t tur on so I guess its not connecting and the software(hi-pro configuration in PC) don’t load all keeps saying “retry device scan” the bar doesn’t fully load of green and cames backk to retry device scan"
Want to solve this :frowning:

pvc will be along shortly I’m sure. He’s the king of all things self-programming.

My initial guess would be com port. If Genie can’t see the hipro then that’s where I would look. Check device manager to see if hipro appears there for drivers. That’s where you would find what com port is being used as well.

I saw your new thread and did not reply to it because it was not posted in this DIY category. Now it is. I guess someone moved it for you.

Also I see you did buy the Hi-Crap version otherwise known as the Serial Hi Pro.

Read this link,
How to choose a programming device to Program Your Hearing Aids [DIY]

Especially scroll down and read the last four paragraphs in the section titled;
Wired Programming Devices:
because they apply to your specific problem.

I sold my serial Hi-Pro 'cause I needed the money (and just replaced it with a USB genuine one on eBay nice and cheap).

But I got the serial box to work on a number of computers, including with Windows 10.

Personally, I wouldn’t throw it away. They work!

You haven’t said whether or not your computer has a serial port. If it does, you will definitely get it to work. Maybe with some grief, okay.

I’ve never used Genie, but it might well have some setup page for getting the Hi-Pro to work.

My laptop don’t have a serial port I have rs232 female to female and link to male to usb in laptop
what shoul I do?

Did you only recently get your gear or did you once upon a time have it working?
That “male to usb” needs to be one of those converting devices. Not just adapting from one to the other.

It’s like this

Read all post and run HP2 cd but still don’t work…
Have any idea??
i see that you have talent so please give me hand.

@alpine1 has recently been through this with the serial hipro. Maybe he might chime in.

ok, hope he say something

Where did you get the cables that you posted in that picture above? They didn’t come with the serial Hi Pro, did they? Let me guess. The serial Hi Pro came without cables and you ordered a USB to Serial cable from EBay. Since the male RS-232 won’t fit into the male serial H- Pro connection, you also got the RS-232 female-to-female cable, right?

I am not the one to ask because I don’t own one of the old-junk/serial Hi Pro’s with cables all over the place and a separate power supply.

But I’ll try. I think you need a cable like this StarTech USB to Serial Adapter Null Modem FTDI. But again, I don’t own this so I don’t know for sure!! These are not cheap (around $20). We found one for $12 but it’s gone.

Exactly like that i have the box here

Oh here’s a better idea. Go to the online sellers category and try to find a vendor (Buyhear and Audiometrix come to mind) that sells serial Hi Pro/USB Cable combinations. That way you will be getting a cable that was verified to work.

The HIPro datasheet recommends IOGear GUC232A. Someone else somewhere else reported that a Belkin F5U409 worked for them.

Yeah, but male to male won’t plug in.

I’m returning this to the Ebay seller…
Going for the MINIPRO faster lighter and smaller plus it’s complete
THANKS
IT’S VERY GOOD TO HAVE SOMEONE HELPING

By the way I bought Oticon alta pro model for my mom, Ebay seller told me it was good Haids want to know some feedback if someone haves and if it worth and work good???
Spent almost 400€ in a pair, hope I didn’t make a noobie move again :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well…you still need some cables. Some vendors can sell everything as a kit though.

Alta Pro’s are good, only 1 generation back. These are BTE’s so you will need to add tubes and custom built molds. Someone will want $$ (or in your case €€) to build custom built molds. You can program them similar to this;
Programming the Oticon Alta Pro miniRITE