Need Right Costco KS9 Hearing Aid

Still havent found one. Saw an old email of me asking and thought maybe somone could dig around in an old drawer and come up with something. Another thought is, can a KS8 work with a 9? Will Phonak programmer work with it?

No, it sure won’t.
Totally different brands.

1 Like

Older listings but still up…

https://offerup.com/item/detail/3388c916-2960-320b-9a2a-b5b0f3d9ebf4?q=Costco+hearing+aid

https://offerup.com/item/detail/3d2f7cbe-9e87-3fbb-9727-104c1b5a9930?q=Costco+hearing+aid

Since you have the software and hardware to program, why be concerned about one KS9 hearing aid. Buy yourself a new or used set of hearing aids. Program them and move on.

1 Like

Not sure but I think you could use either a right or left aid. Just use your old receiver?

1 Like

Yep, there is no (right or left) hearing aid until you make it a (right or a left) by designating each hearing as a (right or left HA) within the fitting software and then save that session.

You can also physically attaching a small (red or blue) marker on each hearing aid but that accomplishes nothing more than a visual clue so hopefully you will install these markers correctly.

If you have trouble comprehending this concept then lay your hearing aids side-by-side. Except for the receivers that point in opposite directions both hearing aids look exactly the same. Even the battery doors (for disposable batteries) have the battery access on the same side. They are one-and-the-same widget.

2 Likes

Makes total sense, thank you.
The receiver with the right or left wire would make it a right or left instrument. I need the wire too, which would allow me to specify the right HA :slight_smile:

Thought about that but I would need to research which instruments are android bluetooth compatible and are Fonak programmable. I like the fidelity of stereo playback of the KS9’s and do not want rechargeables. I also dont want to pay for 2 new. Been getting along with one for now. BT electronics receiver is in the right unit so i dont have BT right now, that’s mostly why I’m holding out for a right only KS9.

Im wondering what else Im not thinking of…

Getting a right KS9 doesn’t mean Bluetooth will be in there as previous owner might have it in their left.

Even if you get KS9, it won’t link to your current KS9 without the software.

Basically it doesn’t matter if it’s a left or right as you’ll need the software to get it all set up properly.

1 Like

Go into the software and change the master from right to left.

I’ve got one in silver. It has almost no usage, in perfect condition, it was my spare. But I upgraded to KS10’s so my main KS9’s are now my spare.

Here is a pair of KS 9’s
I would never pay that much for them. offer much less.

CJJ How much do you want for it and does it have the right-hand receiver? Sounds perfect.

Raudrive, so I take it all have the BT receiver installed, but programming it as master activates it? I didn’t know that. Thank you for that, really good to know.

2 Likes

Yea, saw that, to spendy, and I only need one.

It’s currently SET as the right one. But the aids are identical. The streaming is set in target. The default is set to right side. But you can change it to left or right, it’s not in the hardware.

Considering the aids I have are new, I’ve worn it maybe 5 times. I’d sell one for $250

I’m willing to pay $250 for it, thank you.
You didn’t say whether it has the right wire and transducer with it. I lost that when I lost the instrument.

Yes I know it will need to be wiped and reprogrammed, that’s the simple part. Do you take PayPal?

Thank you.

Private messages are better for this communication.

John

Please Check your PM

1 Like

@john3

1 Like