Neck loop and t-coils

Am I correct in my understanding that I can use any compatible neckloop with my t-coil equipped hearing aids? I cannot afford the streamer that is made for the Range aids, but I could save up for a neck loop device.

Boliver

Boliver,
It should work as long as your t-coil is activated.

what kind hearing aid are you wearing
which company made by and what is the model ?

Neck loop device there many kind what kind you have ?

your hearing aid does is work with T-Cord ? Yes or No
if is No! then you need talk to your audiology office he/she will program hearing aid enable T-Cord
be sure you bring your Neck Loop with you when you go into audiology office same time you can test with your cell phone bluetooth turn on.

My neckloop will be a quattro bluetooth.

Neckloops and their “cousin”, silhouettes, are effectively “headphones” for hearing aid users who have T-coil equipped hearing aids. Any device you can imagine plugging headphones into becomes compatible with your hearing aids. And…unlike a room loop… the inductive signal can be optimized for the individual user.

To achieve maximum potential, it is important to know some basic facts about neckloops and silhouettes.
1)neckloops provide a monaural signal…same signal to left and right T-coil equipped hearing aid.
2)silhouettes “can” provide either monaural, binaural or stereo information depending upon the cable used to connect them.
3)not all neckloops sound the same. You should try different loops to find the one that gives you the most satisfying performance. I ran an informal A/B comparison of neckloops at the Boston SHHH convention many years ago and the comment of one young lady struck home hard. After several listening sessions she had come back to isolate 1 of 6 loops she had tried. When she finally made here decision I asked her the basis of the decision. Her response was “brilliant”. She said the loop she had selected was “easier” to listen to. We all know that hearing loss makes listening “effortful”. Her comments about ease of listening would go far to improve her net benefit of the technology.
4) Neckloops come with a variety of audio connectors. Many have just 2 pole mono 3.5mm audio plugs. These may not perform as well with computers and other stereo jacked devices as loops that are equipped with a 3 pole stereo 3.5mm plug. Inexpensive adapters can make any loop cross compatible.
5) Some loops are very low impedance. This is a rating in ohms. Optimally a loop will be from 16-32 ohms for best compatibility with the amplifier circuits of typical consumer electronics products.
6) Loops are available that are both active and passive. Some will contain a microphone for hands free operation talking via SKYPE, mobile phone etc. Again, a variety of adapters and strategies are possible for consumers who take the time to learn a little bit about how these technologies interface.
7) Not all T-coils are created equal. One issue typically reported in rooms equipped with audio induction loops is widely varying audio performance. In most cases the issue is NOT the loop itself, but rather the individual telecoil quality or programming. A room loop is a bit like many people sharing one headphone. You don’t get the option to do much personal adjustment beyond the gain control of your hearing aid. ALD systems with individual receivers can (they do not always)offer the ability to customize tone, gain and equalization at the individual receiver level. This is an area of opportunity for significant new product development. Some will recall the first efforts in this direction nearly 20 years ago in a product call “Chorus”.
EVERY hearing aid user whose aids are equipped with properly configured T-coils should own at least one neckloop or silhouettes. They will open many, many more paths of quality communication. Many ardent loop advocates have found new enjoyment of high audio quality ALD technologies such as IR and FM by creating their own personal, tailored loop space with a neckloop and ALD receiver.