Nathos Nova M are the Bolero M70 M

Hello everyone. Be gentle I am new to the forum and hearing aids.
I have read Zebras’s post and understand that the Nathos Nova M is a rebranded Bolero M70 M produced for the UK NHS. Are these aids exactly the same? I have read that the Nova is locked to the NHS. Would an NHS supplied Bolero also be locked to the NHS?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Tig… I don’t believe they lock the newer aids, but @Zebras could probably confirm this, I have a set of Phonak Naida Marvel 70 BTE’s (circa 2021) given to me by the NHS, they most certainly are not locked, I use them now as backup’s, I do occasionally fire them up, and use them for a month or so, but I have in the past, copied their settings via Target & Noahlink wireless… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

NHS don’t offer actual Bolero Aids.

Are you wanting to self program?

1 Like

@Tig

Not sure if they are locked, but if you do manage to connect up to them, and make adjusts, the NHS Audiology department will know, if you revisit, and may not be pleased.

I know they are M70s, not sure on “Bolero”. They are great hearing aids, but I didn’t like their “first fit”, my speech recognition was poor.

Peter

1 Like

NHS don’t usually supply Bolero but I have come across it. The NHS version of the Phonak software allows them to access the NHS specifics like the Nathos in addition to the private portfolio. As Bolero isn’t specific to the NHS it can be accessed in the standard software. The only complication would be if the audiologist password locked it - which can be done with any aid

1 Like

Thank you all for your helpful replies.
I have spoken to audiologists at two different NHS Trusts. One said they were supplying the Phonak Bolero with the Marvel tech and the other that they were currently fitting the Phonak Nova M70.
I would certainly have to spend more time on this forum before I considered self programming. However if it were an option I would prefer an unlocked aid to a locked aid.
What I am really interested to know is that is there any difference between the two aids other than their branding name? I thought that the NHS supplied Nova may be based on the Bolero but possibly not have all the features of the Bolero.

@Tig
The features are the same

1 Like

Thank you for the confirmation Peter.

@Moore8 , how is the aid password protected?

1 Like

An NHS code is entered on installation of the software

There’s a Bolero Marvel M and Bolero Marvel PR, then there’s the Naida Marvel SP.

Nathos Nova M and PR are identical in terms of power and features to the Bolero M70 M and PR.

Obviously the casing is slightly different, the buttons are odd on the Nathos Nova but in terms of power and features they are identical to the Bolero M70 M and PR.

What Ads do you think they are?

@Tig

2 Likes

The attached, in the target software shows that the Bolero M70 M and Nathos Nova M have the same innards. The Audeo M70 is RIC only, so is different:

@PeterH

Yes that why I say they are basically the Bolero.

Definitely won’t be the Audeo.

@PeterH , he’s saying something different, "any aid can be password locked "

1 Like

Yes there’s a feature in the Target software settings - (this is completely independent of installation codes) where you can set a password lock for programming the aids. This can be done on any model of aid with NHS or the private software.
I have never come across anyone using it in the private sector but I know the NHS attitude to protecting their services so I don’t want to promise you can always access the programming.

1 Like

It’s just the branding, the ‘nathos’ are rebranded devices for the NHS (or NATional HOSpitals) so have no concerns over the quality of the device you’re getting.

They will just identify as different models in the software and have different printing on the casing.

2 Likes

Are you sure it’s in Target and not Noah?
I’ve never seen it @Moore8

It’s in Target, target is the software for programming your HAs, Noah is just software for the audiologist’s clinic, you cannot program your HAs with Noah.

Genius. It’s actually a pretty good brand name.