Naida M90 CI Processor - Battery Life

Hi folks!

Well, I have been using a temporary Q90 processor until the M90 finally makes its way to Canada, at which time I can trade up. I have been using the medium rechargeable battery, which was necessary to accommodate the slide-on Roger streamer on the Q90. Apparently the new streaming technology is built into each size of battery case for the M90. I can look forward to a smaller piece of hardware behind my ear without the extra streaming piece attached, and I can also consider choosing smaller batteries. I have found it all a bit heavy on my ear.

My question: now that many folks outside Canada have had a chance to use the latest generation processor - M90 - can you give me any feedback about battery life? At present, I can stream to my heart’s content with the medium battery and still not run out by bedtime. I am wearing the processor about 15-16 hours a day during which I could be streaming an audiobook for 2-3 hours as I go about my day. Does anyone have any experience with the smaller battery? I would love to make my processor lighter, but I don’t want to choose the small batteries and then find out there is a significant reduction in battery life and I have to change out half way through the day. I just looked at the price list, and they do not come cheap!

If the Q90 and M90 are anything like the Quest and Marvel hearing aids, Bluetooth and Roger are a huge step up in my opinion. You will be moving to hands free phone calls without an intermediate device. Same goes for the Roger I believe. All software now, not hardware.

Sound quality should also be better also but I have zero experience with these processors. I sure thought hard about going with these over the Cochlear brand.

1 Like

Yes, already I am handsfree, but there is an added slide-on under the battery that takes the place of that thing I used to wear around my neck with my hearing aids. It does add weight to the processor. The M90 will even eliminate that with the built-in BT on the batteries. It’s a great step up for sure and their advances in connectivity, including the option of a paired hearing aid for people like me, which will stream together with the CI processor, is why I chose Advanced Bionics. From the reviews I have read of the M90, I will also look forward to quicker response on startup as well as when changing programs. All that said, my life has improved dramatically already! It’s a lot of pressure to choose which implant.

1 Like

I keep the BT on for phone, but not streaming music. I consistently get 6-7 days. I can feel loss in amplification before the low battery alarm goes off. So, sometimes I change batteries at 5-6 days. Good hearing aids and work better in sweat than RIC.

1 Like

I will not go back to 312 batteries.

Not many members on the forum with AB CI’s that I know of.
Maybe a few will come out that can help.

1 Like

That is fantastic. I was very surprised to discover that the Phonak “Link” Hearing aid, which will partner with the M90 processor, will still use disposable batteries rather than rechargeable. I am not sure what I think about that!

@susanmarylynn it’s the exact same as thing with the N7 & Resound hearing aids. For my N7 I have both disposable and rechargeable batteries. But I’ve never used the disposable batteries. The Resound 3D, I have to use size 13 disposable batteries, which last for about 9 days with no streaming.

1 Like

I have a disposable battery option for my processor, also. It gives me a sense of security given our crazy weather extremes, both winter and summer, that have caused prolonged power outages. For people who go back country camping, they would need that option - those days are history for me!

1 Like

I guess this is a guy thing. We lost power last winter for 8 days from an ice storm. Bought a diesel generator just in case.

The nucleus 7 processors can use rechargeable or standard batteries. Haven’t used anything but rechargeable batteries at this time. All good.

2 Likes