MyRoger Mic, Roger ON, Android 12, OnePlus Nord N200 5G

Long title on this topic I know, but I wanted it all to be searchable for future reference.

I have been using the Roger ON for a while now and it has been working fine with my phone and the app UNTIL the Android 12 update got pushed to my phone. Now the app cannot connect to my Roger ON.

I have tried all the usual fixes, unpairing the device, clearing the app cache and data, reinstalling the app. Nothing works. I have been working with Phonak tech support, but so far no luck.

I can get the Roger ON to pair but it will not connect. When pairing I get a bunch of very small numbers and a large X on the Roger screen

The app and my Roger still work fine on my Lenovo tablet running Android 10.

Anybody else run into issues with the MyRoger Mic app and Android 12?

Jim

1 Like

I hope you get some answers here, cuz I am looking in to getting the Roger accessories for my Phonak Marvel and Audeo Life aids. I just checked, and the One+ cell phone I have has Android 12 on it. I wouldn’t want to waste money on the Roger accessories and then not have them work. Annoying that Phonak tech support is completely in the dark about how to fix this … and yet they still want to SELL all these aids and accessory devices.

In all honesty I don’t think this is Phonak’s fault. It is a One Plus/Android issue. I have had nothing but trouble with this phone since the update to Android 12. Everything worked fine before the update. After the update I lost all phone and texting service for almost 24 hours, a number of my apps, particularly those that rely on Bluetooth pairing no longer work and one of my key navigation apps does not work! OnePlus does some very non-standard stuff including killing of running apps to get it’s battery run times up. I suspect they have also been mucking about with the Bluetooth stuff as well.

Jim

What about other brand like Sammy or Sony smartphones?
Could you downgrade to Android 11?

I don’t think you can rollback an Android update. Samsung has a host of issues stemming from it’s insistence on loading it’s phones with a ton of mandatory bloatware. Not sure about Sony. Unfortunately I have had this phone for less than 6 months so I am not really in a position to purchase a new phone. When I do I will probably go back to a Motorola phone. I have never had issue with any of the many Motorola phones I have owned. Live and learn I guess.

Jim

1 Like