Myphonak connection with Audeo p50 ANNOYANCE

Every time I Ieave my smartphone with Myphonak on my table and walk away, Myphonak thinks that I should be warned by ‘alerts’ (you know the pinging sounds) that the connection is lost or, again, made, and many times this happens in some or more cases at different moment for my left and right ear. When I listen to a concert in a concert hall and put the phone in my pocket, the app seems to think something like this also, and warns me by sounding a (false) melody without any reason - so I think.

I program my phones in Target, so I thought that I could put this behaviour off. In ‘device options’ there are some signals that can be put on or off. There are ‘general alerts’ and ‘connection alerts’. Connection alerts I have put off, and general alerts is grayed out. So maybe what I hear is not something that has to do with the connection, but with ‘general alerts’?! I have already made sure that this behaviour is not caused by other things from my phone.

Thanks for helping me, I hope. Hans van den Berg, The Netherlands

I noticed that this only happens if “stay connected” is activated in MyPhonak

1 Like

@HansvdBerg Your audiologist can turn off connection alerts with his/her target software.

I had some trouble with ‘stay connected’, but at the moment it I have it turned on. Thanks, I will have a look at this.

I use Target to program my HA’s, and I cannot find a way to suppress these sounds. I think you missed this because of the length of my post :wink: Possibly I found a solution in turning off alerts in Android for the app Myphonak.

@hans_b Look here. Fittings=Device options=Signals & Alerts (at the bottom)= uncheck connection alerts
At least, that is worth a try.

1 Like

@raylock1 : As far as I know this alerts only if then connection between the HAs is lost. F.e.if you switch off one or loose one

Today I reactivated “stay connected” but didn’t get the alerts with the Lumities. Maybe the problem occurs only with the Paradises. I’ll try tomorrow with them.
EDIT:
I was wrong: I still get the alerts when “stay connected is activated”. But only if the app has been started once before on the day (to connect). This is for both, the Lumities and the Paradises.

Thank you all.

I have put off ‘stay connected’ for now, and, not surprisingly, this works. But the drawback is clear - every time I want to change something you have to wait (not for long, really) for the connection.

As I wrote before, in Target I disabled ‘connection alerts’, but that doesn’t do anything for my Audeo Paradises. Maybe a bug? Or maybe, as Sterei suggests, these alerts are only for disconnection of the left and right HA?!

In Target this leaves only the point of the Device options, Signals & Alerts, ‘general alerts’, But those cannot be disabled, they are grayed out.

At the moment I will resign myself to keeping disconnected.

Thanks again for your help