MyPhonak APP Updates

Every time I see a notice that myPhonak App has been updated I shudder. I don’t know if I need to update it!

Where do I find the version of myPhonak I have installed on my iPhone?

Thanks in advance
DaveL
Toronto

@DaveL In the app select ‘Support’. Scroll down to ‘About myPhonak’.

1 Like

It’s in the support tab of the app down at the bottom. “About myPhonak”. This is what I see for the iPhone app:

2 Likes

@Sequoia_Woman

Thank you! I had looked and looked…
DaveL

Thanks! I checked. It’s up to date.
I’m grateful for your response.

DaveL
Toronto

I just checked on my KS9 EasyLineRemote. There was a new update and it’s number is 6.4.1.436

I dread announcements that the APP has been updated.

Way-back I had two my first and second sets of Phonak hearing aids came with with ComPilots. I hated the ComPilot 1 with my first set of hearing aids. The second one came with an APP I found very helpful. Something happened…the APP was deleted and I never was able to restore it. my audiologist said it was no longer available.

Every time I see our APP I thank Sonova/Phonak for maintaining it. Yet I worry about clobbering the APP on my phone and finding that I can’t restore it.

Hi @DaveL The answer is both simple and not quite so simple. Make sure you phone is backed up and then when you restore it the app is included - maybe. It is pretty reliable on an iPhone - try this article: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support (CA). Unfortunately
Android phones are more complicated - you can start with this article and search for more Android backup articles for a more complete picture: Back up your device - Android - Google One Help

Good luck!

@idontwantha

Thanks!
With my skill (?) I always end up with quite a conversation going on in my head…your suggestion is really helpful. My phone will be backed up. It’s a work phone.

My hearing aids are essential when I work in construction sites at heights getting schools built.