My wife is tired of hearing my Audicus Omni aids!

I am satisfied with these new aids but have some questions. I have had them for two months. Some sounds (mid to lower range like my voice or clearing my throat) are irritating and seem too loud or seem to have a reverberation or resonance (not feedback). Before I call Audicus to ask for adjustment, I wanted to have as much info as I could to provide to them.
I thought of trying to create different sounds and see which ones are the problem. Is there any site on the internet that will play sounds at different frequencies so I could test this?

Another issue is that when I use Bluetooth to play Youtubes in my aids, my wife can hear the sound playing in the speaker in my ear canal. Might this be caused by the speaker not being well seated in my ear canal? If so, what might fix this? A longer wire or a bigger dome or a different style dome?

1 Like

My hearing is severe and my wife can hear some of what I hear when I’m am streaming audiobooks in a quiet environment. It can’t be helped. My custom ear molds have really small vents and there is still some leaking of sound. If the aids are lowered then I would not be able to hear well enough. I am sure that is also your problem.

1 Like

Thanks. I just posted my audiogram so was not sure if you saw it. Does my hearing seem bad enough that she would hear the sound in my aids?

1 Like

Yes your hearing loss is somewhat similar to mine hearing loss.

Might depend on what type of ear mould or dome you’re using.

More open the dome or the bigger the vent in the ear mould means sound will leak out.

1 Like

Since you’ve purchased your aids have you gone back to get them readjusted

If your wife is tired of hearing your aids, tell your wife to stop wearing them! Just kidding. :upside_down_face:

1 Like