My steps up Ponto 3, to 4, then Ponto 5, BAHA

Joined Oticon Ponto in 2007, back in May 2023, I did a new hearing test and was given a run down on the new Ponto 5. with Bluetooth. My Audiologist tech set up my iPhone with Bluetooth. Now with the Oticon APP. This all happened about a week after my hearing test as I was using the Ponto 4, but it did not have Bluetooth, which lets me connect to most all Bluetooth as well as my iPhone. The sound was much improved with richer sound quality over the other two Ponto’s units and gave me more controls to work with in the Oticon APP, even on my Apple watch.

But this was the cool part in the Ponto 5 with the APP I now have some real flexibility in controlling sounds input. “GENERAL” is the default sound level, and I can turn the volume up if it is too noisy and if in a coffee shop or classroom, called. If I receive a call, I can hear everything on my Ponto and talk into my iPhone. Next on the APP if I’m in a noisy room with equipment I can go to the APP click on “SPEECH in NOISE” which blocks 90% of sounds around me and I can hear the person better even with a passing Bus, truck, and other sounds. Next step “MUSIC” as I do enjoy soft rock sounds which I can turn the APP to MUSIC and adjust the volume. Last, I have “REMOTE MIC” with which I can hand to the orator as they talk to the calls and sit in the back and hear every word as if I’m standing right next to them. With my work and hobbies this Ponto 5 is a START and I love it. I just ordered a set of SHOKZ, headphones which have Bluetooth and work on bone sound conduction. I’m looking forward to no more headphone cushions as it works through Bone under the ear. I would be interested in knowing if someone is already using them and how they have been working for them. I’m 74 years old so all this new tech stuff has been fun for me as I give them a try. I do a lot of reading and on my web browser I click on “READ ALLOWED” so very new to me as my grandson has me using A.I. and I’ve been asking him, her, robot, or Copilot, or whatever it’s called as it answers many of my old man questions, I’ve had for years. :slightly_smiling_face: