My Rexton BiCore experience

I’m glad for you that the adjustments have made the hearing aids useful. Yes the audiologist added the noise reduction program for my hearing aids. The Bluetooth in most hearing aids uses a low energy version that is not compatible with most laptops. I know that the Costco Signature 10s made by Phonak did use the full Bluetooth version that was able to connect to all Bluetooth devices but this drains the battery faster. I actually got over 36 hours of battery life on my Rexton when I forgot to charge overnight this past week. Also the Rexton will not give the mic capability over Bluetooth - and you still have to use the phone mic or tablet mic to speak. I believe there are accessories that can be purchased both for a laptop as well as mic capability but I am not familiar with them. For me this is no problem - I actually prefer using the phone or tablet mic so that if I have to tend to something else people don’t hear me (giving water to the dog or answering the door). I stream the audio from my Android phone and use an Apple iPad for work Zoom and Team meetings. I often join with my work laptop separately to manage the meeting while taking part on my iPad with video and audio. It works extremely well although going from one device to the other can be a bit difficult. I usually just turn the bluetooth off on my Android at work to focus on the iPad use. I got used to the closed dome occlusion over a few days of use.

1 Like

Sorry so late to respond!

Good idea about joining Zoom/Teams meetings via tablet or phone! I actually ordered the smart mic to see if it will help me pair with my laptop. I’ll update here once I get it.

I’m really loving how long these things hold a charge - fooooorever!

I’m getting used to the closed domes. The only thing I’m occasionally experiencing, is a feeling of being plugged up in my left ear. It seems to happen if I’m talking a lot (maybe a sign LOL!), where I’ll start to feel really plugged/clogged up, which makes me feel nauseous and dizzy, and I start having trouble hearing.

It’s only happened a few times now, but one time was really bad and it was very disorienting. Even after I took them out, the clogged feeling persisted a day or so. So I wonder if it’s an inner ear issue, maybe related to moisture and not the domes.

And while I’m hearing so much better, my speech comprehension is still not the best, so I think I need more tweaks. I can’t understand my partner when he’s not facing me, or talking from the other room. And women’s voices are still hard to understand. But I’m not sure what to ask my audiologist to adjust… I need to have a recording of a woman’s voice playing and see if it gets better/worse while he’s doing adjustments!! :joy:

1 Like

See the post related to your issue

Women’s voices are higher pitched so you may need a programming adjustment for that. Or - is it Soft voices which are difficult and you may be able to a program for this on your aids.