My recent Journey with Dr. Cliff's office and Costco

So…the ‘This is a Con Man’ thread has been closed. I outlined my recent hearing aid journey in it and got some good advice from Neville (thanks a lot! You were spot on.)

I went to a different Costco armed with my audiogram from Applied hearing. I got a fitter who actually listened to me and figured I might know what I’m talking about since I have been wearing HAs for so long.

We got the Jabras back to where they were before they were sent off for repair. I showed her the audiogram from Applied Hearing. She compared it to the Costco audiogram from December '23 and my previous audiogram from 2019. She thought that the Applied Hearing audiogram matched what a decline in hearing would look like, compared to the December Costco audiogram. That one was just wrong. She entered Applied Hearing’s audiogram into the program. I noticed immediate improvement in intelligibility.

My original plan was to return the Jabras and wait for something better to come along. She dialed the Jabras in pretty good. I am going to live with them for a while before I make any decision.

Thanks for everyone’s comments and especially to Neville for his insight. Other than the commute from Arizona to where ever he is in the UK, he could be my next audi! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think Neville is closer to you… in Canada! Glad you got your hearing aids sounding right :slight_smile:

3 Likes