My Phonak Sphere Infinio I90 vs Lumity L90 Shootout

125 -250 -500 -750 - 1k -1.5k -2k -3k -4x - 6x - 8k
L 45 - 60 - 70 - 75 - 75 - 75 - 70 - 60 - 75 - 65 - 70
R 40 - 60 - 70 - 70 - 70 - 75 - 65 - 60 - 65 - 70 - 70

There were situations where the speech came across very well but it came in waves that made it rather uncomfortable for me. It was certainly loud in the restaurant but not very loud. Maybe they are more comfortable there but I doubt that they will help me more than the Oticon Intent.
I think if noise is noise and not just other people talking then it could be different, but I have not had such a situation so far.
At least I have never heard it with the Spheric as it was presented in the demo. Everything sounded so great and clear and the noise was significantly reduced. So Iā€™m a little disappointed, but to be honest I didnā€™t expect any miracles.

I use Slimtip with arround 1mm vent.

2 Likes

Important question:
Are you sure you were in spheric mode?
Did you check with the app?

Best regards

Yes I was in spheric mode, I also used the spheric only programm, because I didnā€™t wanted to check everytime in the automatic ones as it switches to often.

1 Like

How was your experience ordering through them? Their prices look great for us DIYers at least.

Speech Enhancer only works if soft speech (30-50dB) is detected and thereā€™s at least 10dB SNR so in noisy situations youā€™ll have to rely on Spheric Noise reduction if sheā€™s speaking softly in a noisy environment. https://www.phonakpro.com/content/dam/phonakpro/gc_us/en/products_solutions/hearing_aid/audeo-p/documents/PH_Fast_Facts_Audeo_P_Speech_Enhancer_210x280_028-2164-02_V1.00.pdf

4 Likes

Been fineā€¦

Unlimited audiologist visits, I got the first round of 90ā€™s, great price, etc

1 Like

Audiogram

Converted it into a graph for youā€¦

1 Like

phew, that looked really bad, until I noticed the graph only went down to -80dB, so severe.

2 Likes

Shucks! And I thought I was 'Excelā€™ing in my effortsā€¦ :slight_smile: :star_struck:

4 Likes

Got my Phonak Audeo Sphere hearing aids this week. One thing I notice is that every time after charging, it is at Bluetooth streaming +mic , not Autimatic program. I have tried turning off and turning on again, itā€™s the same. I have to manually change it to Automatic in the APP. I think something was set up wrong. Have any of you seen that before?

Other than that, my experience with the new aids are pretty good so far. Battery life is much longer than Lumity. Itā€™s over 60% after 11 hours use including 2 hours of Spheric Speech in Loud Noise.

I was in a busy store, APP showed it was Speech in Noise and I could hear the sales person much better with Sphere than Lumity. I had a lot of challenges with Lumity Speech in Noise and felt too much compression, but Sphere is much better.

When I was in a busy restaurant, it turned on Spheric Speech in Loud Noise. I didnā€™t feel the noises were much quieter like some of you mentioned, but the speech were clearer and also natural.

Overall the experience so far is good.

8 Likes

That is unusual. Your audi can change it in Target. Long shot, Do you have a Bluetooth device paired to your hearing aids that has a constant active/live signal? In that case the hearing aids might grab the Bluetooth signal when removed from the charger.

3 Likes

No I only have my phone paired to the hearing aid and it does not have Bluetooth on. This happens every time hearing aids are turned on, no matter manually or automatically after charging. Yes, I will talk to my audiologist at my next appointment.

FYI I have experience buying aids on eBay.
Purchased a pair of Sphere aids from vendor named ā€œHearing Aidsā€, with great reviews. Ad included programming. After receiving my programmed aids, notified seller that everything sounded very far away. Was told to find a local audiologist due to my severe hearing loss. Returned those aids ASAP.
eBay will refund my money in 3 business days after arrival at vendor.
Purchased a pair of Lumity from vendor ā€œ Genesis hearing health careā€ previously. Had a similar experience, everything sounded far away. However, they were great. Scheduled an online appointment with me. Made some changes and really made a difference. I did return the aids because I wanted to demo the Sphere and they did not have any in stock at the time.
Have decided to purchased the Sphere from a local audiologist who is excellent at programming and is willing to deal with multiple follow up appointments for adjustments. Aids are $6,800 which includes the 3 year warranty, yearly hearing tests, adjustments, repairs, loaners, etc for 3 years.

1 Like

deletedā€¦deleted deleted

Noticed youā€™d said you dont even have BT enabled at all.

ouchā€¦

I got mine online from direct hearing, can have as many audiologist meetings as I want, and paid 3800$

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Usually Iā€™d only purchase hearing aids from eBay if Iā€™m a DIY person who is technically inclined to be able to do my own programming. I wouldnā€™t want to rely on remote programming by eBay vendors.

4 Likes

$6800 USD or other currencies?

Either way crazy pricing! I hope the other brands donā€™t follow suit.

How do you know your hearing aids are doing that if you donā€™t have them connected by Bluetooth to your phone?