My Phonak P90-R not connecting phone call using double tap

My P90s not connecting phone call using double tap I want to initiate a phone call telling Siri to call a person. Siri confirms but the call does not connect. The phone on the other end doesn’t even ring. I would like this to work, as the o could initiate a call and talk using my hearing aid mics. TIA

I don’t think that will work on the Apple phone but am not 100% positive. It is my understanding that with a MFI connection the P90 mics are not used you have to use the phone mic. The double tap sounds like it is initiating Siri but Siri does not hear you.

Yes, Siri hears me and her voice is in my HAs. She confirms the request ‘Call Sam mobile’ bit then then phone does not ring and Siri shuts down. Now this will work when I ask Siri to call someone when I use my phone.

I just tried my P90R and had the same issue. I will call Phonak tech support and ask them why? It was working last week! The more calls they get from this new technology the more energy they may put into software updates. Their number is 1 800 679-4871

1 Like

Are you sure about this?
Seems I have read the Paradise aids function like the Marvel aids. The hearing aid mics are used during phone calls.

Thanks! If need be I’ll call, but I’ll wait for your response.

Yes, I can answer my phone calls with double tap and speech clarity on both ends is great. The hearing aid mics are used for the call.

1 Like

They don’t Android phones for sure. I’m not sure how they work on iphone.

The double tap never works for me. However if I am in middle of conversation and touch my hear near either ear, the BT connection is turned off and my conversation is terminated. Very annoying.