My Phonak Connection Problems

I now have Phonak Lumity aids which replaced my 3 year old Marvels.

The Lumity aids have been brilliant but I am an early bird and frequently awake at 05:00 and dont go back to bed until beyond midnight. Hence the Lumity batteries run down in the evening and I have changed to using my Marvels as a stand-by.

I then found it difficult to get the Marvels (which connect to my Android phone OK) to connect with the Phonak app even when I unpaired the Lumity. I more often than not had to unistall the My Phonak app and set it up again.

The same problem occurs when I used the Lumity aids again - it’s the very devil to get My Phonak to connect to them.

My only solution so far is to put the Lumity aids on charge during the evening for an hour or so and use the Marvels without bluetooth in order to allow the Lumity aids to connect easily when they have enough charge.

Anyone else met a similar problem ?

Been there. Done that! Identical situation as you are in now. My “fix” was to get the latest OS installed on my Android cell phone. I know it sounds completely counter-intuitive, but could your problem be related to the CELL phone and not your aids?

I used to get 11 hours of use out of my Lumity Life aids a year ago. Then I read right here at the forum that if I updated OS 12 to OS 13 on my Samsung Flip-4 cell phone, I’d get more hours’ of daily use. It took an entire day to find the OS & install it, cuz at the time, it hadn’t been officially released for my make/model of cell phone. That very first night after it was installed, I jumped up to 17.5 hours.

That would about get you through your LONG day. I completely empathize with your situation, and it is the reason I am always asking my audi and Phonak to release a BATTERY-operated version of the Lumity Life. They simply don’t walk in our shoes. They don’t care if we have to jump through hoops, sit deaf for an hour to recharge the aids, and/or swap in battery Marvels (such as I also used to do on a nightly basis!).

I don’t have MyPhonak app on my phone, so I can have 2 pairs of Lumity Life aids and my Marvels paired with the cell phone. The minute I put a pair in, the BT knows which aids to connect to. 'Course that means disabling the phone app … You should be able to pair the Marvels and the Lumity Life aids to your phone. If the phone doesn’t recognize which one to connect to, it would be easy to select/highlight the one you’re wearing and under the gearwheel System icon, just click connect.

Let us know what works for you? I would SO HOPE it’s all about your phone, and not the aids.

1 Like

@1Bluejay

Thank you for such an informative response - much appreciated.

My Galaxy A20e phone has Android 11. The phone shows that it checked for an update in Sept 2023 but that the phone is up to date.

However - my wife has an identical phone (I bought both phones from the same supplier together). Her’s is on Andoid 12 so as an experiment I tried installing the My Phonak app on her phone and paired my aids on that - but it seems to have made no significant difference. I wonder if the phones will accept a later Android version.

Smartphones are smarter than me so I will consult a 19 year old grandson who is a tech wizard for help.

Good news! It appears you can download OS 13 or 14 onto your Galaxy A20e phones. I’m no techie, but it seems pretty straightforward if you follow the steps here.

Perhaps return to the supplier where you bought these (bring your receipt) and see if they’ll make it happen for you!