My new waterproof Hearing Aid Battery Holder

My new HA battery holder is really designed well.

Idea for travelling or camping etc due to being waterproof.

It’s really strong as well.

Just had to share!

5 Likes

I like them Ruth… Smart and handy for the Keyring, thank you for sharing :grin: Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Being in Wales and having everything in one bag, I’ve ended up with very squashed and damaged battery packet being in my bag so this sounded like a great idea and it is.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is fabulous! The color makes it easy to SEE inside a bag, too. I have seen some capsule containers at Amazon.com, too. I used to snorkel with my aids inside such a container … but that was back in the day when I had Oticon ITEs.

These containers are good for days at the beach with salty spray or sitting in a kayak, too.

Having learned a lesson the hard way, I’d never subject my Phonak Lumity Life “waterproof NOT” aids to water again. :wink:

Thanks for sharing your own experience with the capsule containers.

1 Like

How do the ones from Amazon stop discharging as the batteries will be touching each other?

@1Bluejay

Well, I’d just keep the TABS on the battery, even if I have to trim the tail off that tab (making it harder to peel the tab off and activate the battery).

Does that make sense?

Keeping the tabs on when they touch each other will still discharge the batteries.

You’ll find they all don’t work.

@1Bluejay

AH! I didn’t know that! LOL on me…

Many people don’t realise that they discharge when touching each other.

@1Bluejay

I have for years kept batteries in a small plastic keychain battery holder. This holder has 2 small compartments which hold 2 batteries touching each other an have not had any problem with batteries being discharged.

@cleveto

I have no idea why. It’s what I’ve been told and what is on the internet.

Maybe it’s the ‘it can’ rather than ‘it will’?

Looks like the insert may be plastic not metal. What size are the batteries.