My hearing is worse after getting hearing aids

Here is what I bought. Just don’t try and use the plastic tips to clean the wax out. I use the drops and then double check afterwards.

https://a.co/d/5q0On6m

Absolutely agree! I felt the exact same way when I got hearing aids, that they were causing my hearing to get worse. It wasn’t true.

1 Like

This is fantastic news; you were incredibly persistent about getting to the root of the problem.
Looking forward to seeing how things go with your new hearing aids.

1 Like

Glad you have been appropriately referred for that huge hearing asymmetry that wouldn’t have been looked into if you’d just stuck with hearing aids you purchased randomly off the internet. Additionally, if your right ear cannot be surgically corrected it is outside of the range for an OTC device. Very clear cut example of the problems with OTC.

3 Likes

Is it unusual for Costco to require a doctors approval before selling hearing aids?

I have no idea how often they do it, but suspect they do it whenever they have somebody that meets certain criteria like big air/bone gap or asymmetric loss. For somebody with a more typical loss they don’t require a physician’s approval.

5 Likes