My first hearing aids and im stumped! Lol

Hi all, im new here and im 57 and bad hearing is common in my family. But, a friend of mine gave me a kit of these passport moxi 13/moda 13 and i have no idea how these work. Im almost positive that ill have to go to an audiologist for this. My hearing is awful! And if these help 10%, id be greatfull. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, may your journey be enlightening and enjoyable :slight_smile:

Unitron brand for mild to severe hearing losses.
If you search the internet on “Unitron passport moxi 13” you will find both spec sheet and manual for them.
I would recommend you see an Audiologist to at least initially set them up and ensure you have the correct receivers (and ear molds) for your needs, after that if you are inclined then you could try getting the programmer and software to make changes (after you backup your original hearing profile).

Added: Check that the audiologist is happy to help with those hearing aids if they were not purchased through them, and that they also provide Unitron branded hearing aids so are comfortable setting them up and providing support, check the Audiologist’s website.

Cheers

1 Like

If you have the finances to see a hearing professional, I’d recommend it. Costco is quite affordable.If your perchance a veteran, consider seeing VA. If finances are prohibitive, go to the DIY part of this forum and help is available to learn to set up your hearing aids.

4 Likes