My Experience with the Sony CRE E-10

Yes, I know . . . and I suspect that they do too. I suggest that you contact them with the good advice.

Here is a review from Soundly about the CRE-C-10 and the CRE-E-10

You can also see hearingtracker’s own respective here.

2 Likes

I find it insane that Sony removed Android streaming capabilities from CRE-E10 while rebadging them from Signia…

1 Like

Hi Reginald

The Signia equivalent, the Active Pro, only streams to iPhone, same as the Sony.

Amazon has them on a sale today for $798.00 Amazon does not mention how long the sale will last.

That’s the c10, not the e10.

The e10 however is also on sale.

I don’t know. If the Sonys handle speech in noise better than the Oticon Reals or Intents, I’m expecting better results than with my audiologist-tuned HAs.

I’ve worn both the SONY CRE E-10 and the Oticon Intents. The Intents are amazing in how well they preserve speech in noise. The Sony’s are surprisingly good for an OTC but they are not in the same class as the Intents. If speech-in-noise were my priority - which it is not - the Intents would be my choice hands down.

They do not, the info about them being better in noise comes from HearingAdvisor scores. And the scores are higher due to the fact that they used closed domes where with other devices they used open or less occlusive setups.
It was discussed here and their defense was that those are the defaults provided by manufacturers.

They’re all discounted because the new ones are coming out.

1 Like

New model Sony CRE-C20 released just a fews ago as well.

Thanks! Well, the Intents cost 5x more! :grimacing:

Wow! This is big news.

The Sony CRE E-10 is an OTC version of the Signia Active Pro. If I’m not mistaken, the Active Pro doesn’t even use the AX technology (split processing) but the earlier X platform. Signia now has an Active Pro IX and I’ll assume that this Sony CRE E-20 is an OTC version of it. This means that this new Sony device now incorporates split processing AND multi-stream processing. In other words, it jumps forward 2 generations of technology.

C-20 released, haven’t seen E-20 yet.

I have the E-10, thought they would be good for backups but I seem to be wearing then more as primary aids. They sound as good as my new Phonaks and better for music. But, the limited Bluetooth is a problem for me.

Oops! Yes, you’re right. But I expect that an E-20 is on its way some time this fall.

Unfortunately IX platform retains the same BT chip of AX platform with all of its limits. I’m quite certain that there are no hardware changes for IX platform at all, just software.
I was planning to get them as backups too, but it’s hard to justify over AX version. I’ll wait for next gen.

1 Like

I agree. I’ve worn both the AX and the IX. I didn’t notice much of a difference. In some ways I preferred the AX - at least initially.

The IX platform will support Bluetooth LE Audio and Auracast when the new firmware arrives.
It can’t have the same BT chip as the AX.
All the fitters I’ve spoken to say the BT issues have been resolved.
Do you have a link with this information?

It’s already available.

Yep exactly, the manufacturers have a habit of doing things like this.

1 Like

This was discussed some time ago, and I no longer have access to all the details. The chip is the same; otherwise, they would have had to re-certify it with the Bluetooth SIG, which they didn’t. At the time, this information was publicly available via Bluetooth Studio, but it has since been closed.

I’m also a developer who works directly with these devices, and I have no reason to believe they differ in any way. Additionally, as I’ve mentioned before, Signia’s developers left a poorly hidden menu in the phone app that allows you to probe the devices (and the app itself) for additional information.

I have a small suspicion that they’re not fully LE Audio compatible, but will have to dig a bit before confirming.

On a side note, I’m a Signia user myself, but I have to say, their software stack is an utter pile of crap—everything from the phone app to the fitting software. Even though I like the devices, this will strongly influence my next choice.