My Experience with Philips 9040s (Costco)

It would be nice to see what your audiogram looks like in your profile.

It’s kind of weird that your description of wearing the 9040 sounds like a new user who hasn’t worn hearing aids before, yet you’ve worn the KS10 before that, meaning you notice the click of the keyboard or the beep of the microwave oven, and the shrills from female voices, the clattering of plates, that the world is a much louder place, etc. I didn’t expect the difference going from the KS10 to the 9040 would be that dramatically different. I thought maybe their performances for speech in noise might be different, but you should have heard the details that you didn’t hear before on the KS10 as well. It looks like the amplification of the highs are dramatically different between your KS10 and your 9040.

2 Likes

There is no clear indication when if ever, Costco will get them.

I had the KS-10s sent in for service when I got the 9040s. My intent is to keep them as backups. The settings were recently tweaked.

2 Likes

I was surprised my the difference also. My audiogram should be in my profile.

I thought they already had them, Phillips is exclusive to Costco, so it’s a given.

If it’s within 6 months I’ll exchange the 9040s

1 Like

Yeah that’s another great thing about Costco.

I’m not sure where to look for it. I clicked on you avatar then I clicked on Hearing Tracker Profile and it’s empty. If you look at other members who post their audiograms, right under their avatar, there’s a blue link named Audiogram that when you click on it, their audiogram with show up in a window. You don’t have that link, which is what I’m talking about.

1 Like

Don’t click on Hearing Tracker Profile. Just click on his avatar again.

Ah, OK, thanks @billgem ! Got it now. Would be nicer if he could put it in the graphical format because it’d be easier to visualize it in graph form instead of looking at numbers. But at least it’ll do.

1 Like

Yes, I agree, @Volusiano .

@DrBob

Congratulations! I find your post really interesting. I got new Paradise P90R’s to solve a safety problem at work. My third set of Phonaks. I thought it would be plug-and-play getting new Phonaks. Nope. Wrong.

You’re working through your issues well. Wish it was easier for all of us to get replacement hearing aids.

1 Like

I just adjust the volume on my Philips hearing aids using the buttons on back of the devices. That is way more convenient than using the phone app, which is way more trouble than it’s worth for me.

1 Like

@Jack_F

That’s what I’ve done too…reminds me of when I had a stereo system. If I wanted to hear better or hear more, I turned up the volume.

Now I have “smart” hearing aids. There are times I feel I’ve fallen down a rabbit hole… :frowning:

After a week of wearing them, I believe there is an improvement in my speech comprehension, in person and while watching TV. It may be a halo effect. Time will tell. The audio handoff between my iPhone and iPad seems to be reliable. However, I have yet to resolve the problem with the Hearlink app. I have a follow-up appointment next Friday. Perhaps they will have a solution then.

1 Like

The Bluetooth problem has now gotten worse. They randomly disconnect from my iPhone and will not reconnect until I power cycle it. This is happening at work. My iPad is at home. I’ve had to power cycle the iPhone twice in the last two hours.

1 Like

The hearing aid technician put on the phone with Philips technical support to address the Bluetooth handoff issue. Technical support told me that handoff between IOS devices is not reliable and the best way is to turn off Bluetooth on device number one before switching to device number two. That has been reliable if not somewhat cumbersome. On the plus side, as long as my iPhone is connected to the 9040s, the Apple Watch app works as an easy way to control volume and switch between programs…

1 Like

Are the 9050 actually available? They’re not at the Costcos in our area.

@LisaD Welcome to the forum.

As far as I know, the 9050 isn’t available yet, but reading from this forum, it should be available within 6 months or so.

There are no firm dates. Just speculation.

3 Likes