My employer rejected Widex 220 need better bass and no box, help!

Hi,
I am a Purser employed by a large airline in the US.
My employer has rejected the use of the M-dex around-the-neck due to adverse passenger perception (it looks like a music player to them) and also for security reasons (if someone grabs the lanyard from behind they can harm me physically.) When I try to locate the M-dex elsewhere on my person, I get frequent 'cut-out’s of sound. All around unacceptable for my needs.

I was disappointed with the quality of sound of music through bluetooth, there is no bass whatsoever. I am using the vented earpiece.

Without regard to cost, please suggest a bluetooth system with no transmitter box, a more robust BT signal and a better music profile that comes close to audio earphone quality of a larger, better range especially lower musical tones.

Thank you,
Lars in New York City

There are no hearing aids that don’t have at least some kind of intermediary device since the BT is no compatible to fit into a hearing aid.

The ReSound Alera line has a BT device that clips onto the lapel and does not resemble a music-player in any way and is completely wireless. What are you using the M-dex for? Cost should be similar between the two devices.

The recently released (but unavailable for order) Starkey Surflink Mobile device advertises that it will work in your pocket or at a greater distance for meetings & lectures.

Web page is here.

Brochure is here.

I have Kirkland Premiums with the MiniBlue and get no bass so music sounds flat. The specs on the ha’s only go down to 250 hz which I think is typical. Do any open fit ha’s have better bass response? I suspect that before bluetooth ha speakers didn’t have any reason do have much bass response so none do. My $50 earbuds sound better to me for music than my expensive ha’s.

All open fit hearing aids won’t provide bass if fit as an open fit. It’s the nature of the open fit to roll off (reduce) low frequency amplification because you put open fits on people who don’t need low frequency amplification. You should hear bass sounds nearly identical to the way you hear them with nothing in your ear when you have the hearing aids on. If you need low frequency gain then you will have to switch to a fitting that isn’t open…you’ll have to switch to a closed dome or an earmold.