Musician....self programming widex aid

I am a clarinetist and have noise related hearing loss. Have gone the commercial hA route and was dissappointed. Recently got a pair of widex dream 440 s used from a trusted ebay vendor. They are extremely good for general use and speech, but need lots of tweaking for my music. The vendor has a pair of widex evoke 440 s for a slight up charge…I think these might be better for my use because of more programmability. I am also thinking of getting widex prolink which are available cheap to help with this. I am very techic savvy and think this might be the right route at this time without spending thousands and many visits with an audi Any advice?

You may be better off using the industry standard Noahlink Wireless hearing aid programming device (which works for Widex 440 model, only) instead of the Widex proprietary hearing aid device (Widex Pro Link).

Tip, click any PVC Avatar to find DIY School.
Suggested DIY School help files;

• 02 How to Program Your Hearing Aids
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Widex
  • Fitting Instructions Widex Compass GPS
  • Noahlink Wireless - DIY User Guide

Noahlink wireless can be used for Widex Moment Bluetooth hearing aids, but not for Widex EVOKE hearing aids, the original blogger needs to purchase Widex Prolink or Widex USB link.

Thanks @menglxs for catching that. I was thinking he has Moment 440’s when I said;

Here’s a clip from a DIY School document (Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Widex);

Hi Andy,

I’m a musician too. Welcome to the forum!

also a musician programming my widex moment sheers. Would love some mutual learning and success!!

1 Like

I would love information too! I’m so frustrated not to be able to hear the music I perform!

You’ll need to do some research check out some here.

https://grandpianopassion.com/category/hearing-music/

https://musicandhearingaids.org/

1 Like

Same for you, lots of information here.

https://grandpianopassion.com/category/hearing-music/

https://musicandhearingaids.org/

1 Like

are you wearing widex? Mine are actually getting to be pretty dialed in. Do you have the compass software and the noahlink wireless? audiologyonline has a few free courses that walk through widex fittings and fine tunings.

1 Like

I am expecting my new Widex Sheer Moments in a few days, and I ordered the Noahlink.Where can I download the compass program?
(I had a pair of Widex Sheer Moments from an audiologist for four months, and after months of weekly visits she was unable to help me. When I told her I was going in a different direction for help, she turned them off! I’ve been deaf for four days. I think that’s rather unethical, don’t you?)
Thank you for your reply. It is very appreciated.

Hi there, sure no problem, check out the user guides as well, very handy videos from here, subscribe to the channel, lots good of good information on how to program your Widex.

How did they do this? Like while you were at the clinic or you were connected to the App/internet at the time, just curious.

That was s long trial, if they took them back, which it sounds like they did. I am also curious re how they “turned them off.” At any rate, doing a new fitting with compass and noahlink is pretty simple. The audiologyonline website has at least three free courses that take you through the process as well. I would watch those a couple of times (do you have enough hearing to listen to videos on a computer or phone?). Also, you’d need to know which domes are most likely to fit your range of hearing, open being for less hearing loss, and closed being for more. What seemed to be the main issues that your audiologist couldn’t seem to help with?

She did it remotely from her office. When I called her to ask her to turn them back up, she told me her office no longer supported the hearing aids, and I was being issued a reduced refund. … That’s all I can tell you. One day I could hear out of them, the next day I couldn’t turn them up to be audible.