Musical startup sound

I have trialed Marvel 90’s for a while, and have also trialed Resound Quattro (only lasting for one or two days), and now I am trialing Oticon Opn S-1.

I am not sure whether it will be the Marvel or the Opn-s, but I do enjoy the musical startup tones in the morning from the Oticon.

I really do believe that other manufacturers should also consider musical startup tones so that their customers will start their day with a positive note :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Marvel has an option for a Startup Melody. It’s selected as default so the Audi must have deselected it. Most HA I Have come across have an option for a startup melody, also a switch on delay which is useful.

1 Like

True.
My Phonak V90 Naida aids have this too.

0 Likes

The first time or two my HAs played a start-up series of tones, I thought it wouldn’t be long before it started driving me crazy. But, I’ve found that, over the past almost seven years, hearing the cheery start-up tones is a daily delight.

1 Like

I’ve had Phonak hearing aids too (aside from the Marvel), and the Phonak startup sound cannot be compared to the Oticon ones, Oticon really beats it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the sound playing:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ypgEn4sbfKB9t1VEr0TIIE_kPyFGn4OI/view?usp=drivesdk

1 Like

On my old Starkeys, I had the audiologist turn the startup sound off. On my new Oticons, I have left it on.

0 Likes

After about four months I found the sounds loud, and asked my HIS about them. He turned them down in volume and changed the time they run from 10 seconds to 5 seconds. I like that much better.

I also had him turn down the low battery warning, then found out it was too low in some situations and I never heard it until the aids died and I released there was a faint background sound that I ignored. :thinking: I had him turn that low batt warning back up. :+1:t4:

0 Likes

i adjusted my marvels to have no startup delay, but i do find the musical tone to be pleasant so i kept it as it turns on. i did change the tones to be more in the lower frequencies than the higher.

0 Likes

sounds like a nice tone! (another reason to consider that soon!)
mine right now has a nice windchime/flute kinda feel to it when I turn them on which pleases me too mother knew THAT was a good choice also since my other pair also has this

1 Like

@gsl I need some that play “you can make it” by Tammy Faye Bakker.:blush:

1 Like

Indeed I find the OPN musical start up sound to be very uplifting. I’ve had my OPN for about 2.5 years now and this chime just puts a smile on my face every morning when I put my hearing aids on.

1 Like

The Kirkland Signature 8.0 (Rexton, Signia) has the startup tune. I like it as I find it helps me direct the HA’s into my ear properly. I extended the startup time to the max with the Smart Direct app. You can also adjust the volume.

The KS8 does a countdown beep, and then you get rewarded with a little tune at the end when it turns on…

0 Likes

The OPN musical start up sound always makes me think of a Las Vegas slot machine.

1 Like

Just curious, but what does manufacturer support indicate on postings. Also, how is it some of you get to try numerous hearing aides brands and models?

0 Likes

It is a tag you can select on your own when you choose relevant tags, I may have selected the wrong one, but I selected that one since I’d like the support of manufacturers to choose music as a startup sound.

My audi has multiple brands and I could test a few ones.

0 Likes

My first pair of digitals were Phonak’s which I’ve been wearing since 2011 (3 pairs in total). I’ve since got a pair of Unitron’s and oh my word, the start up tune is so much more enjoyable to hear then the Phonak’s.

0 Likes

In the most states (USA) by law you have at least 30 day trial period and many dealers give up to 90 days.

0 Likes

Mind you that can very a lot. In NY the law says that you can return them within up to 45 days, but that is after you purchased them and they can (and do) charge up to a 10% restocking fee. At four different providers this is what I have seen, I have never been offered a free trial, until I read about it here I didn’t even know that such a thing existed.

0 Likes