Music professional - How to shut off compression (Widex)

Busy tweaking the settings, turning off the Feedback suppression seems to improve music listening indeed. Don’t think my audio will be thrilled to find out I changed settings, but he can’t hear what I’m hearing (of not hearing) so I think the only one who can judge what sounds better is the person wearing the HA’s. Maybe the next step is ordering different domes, wearing open domes at the moment, probably worth trying a few other types.

Switched off most filters via Compass, that were engaged by the audi. There was a filter that said that when engaged you wouldn’t hear the noise from PC fans etc, I want to hear everything that “normal” ears hear. If I eliminate fan noise other details in music will also be eliminated, that’s not my goal.

If you post your audiogram we’ll be in a better position to make suggestions. Domes are directly related to your specific audiogram as well.

Can you please explain in more detail what you did here? So the lowest/softest sounds were more in line with the medium sounds, kind of like those two lines merge? And what about the loudest sounds? was that left as prescribed? thanks

These are my PureSound settings, using the open domes. Main goal is listening to live music (speakers in mancave :wink: ) Or should I use the option Music instead of PureSound? Turned of most filters that improved clarity. Turned of compression and target although I’m not sure if that’s good or bad decision. I would like to turn down the volume a little because when I start to use them I always dim the volume from 5 to 3.

But your still way off target, very close to feedback thresholds, “no Bass” maybe your audogram is pretty good down low? is there not a closed dome you could use, nothing wrong with using a dedicated music program which most do, how’s your streaming with the open domes.

Thanks for your input Tenkan. Perhaps I could order a few other domes, see (or rather hear) what happens. I do not stream music at all, I have a nice record collection that I want to listen to. Got an audio streaming device which can be used to listen to the TV, but it still is unpacked. My lower frequencies are rather OK, may that’s why there is no amplification, my audi did those settings, I’m finding it a bit tricky to adjust the frequency settings but it probably would be better if I experimented with those settings as well.

Actually you could plug the tv streamer into any audio source, but your not streaming anyway, I’d work on the music program to begin with and do all your “experiments” there, if your using open domes you can’t pump much “bass” in, but is that what you feel your missing, not enough punch down low? Getting music to sound how one likes it to sound is no easy task, check out these links if you haven’t already.

https://grandpianopassion.com/category/hearing-music/

https://musicandhearingaids.org/

And last a well known name in the industry.

1 Like

Do you see that in that chart?