MP3 bluetooth connection to Phonak

My iPhone 12 connects to my Phonak aids via Bluetooth, and that sound is better than any other I can get. I like to listen to music and wonder if it’s possible for me to connect an MP3 player equipped with Bluetooth to my Phonak aids.

Should work for about any Bluetooth-capable mp3-player. You can also use your mobile phone to play mp3 files, ofc. On Android phones you can tweak (e.g. boost, use equalizers) the sound coming from all sort of apps.

As far as I know, on Apple devices the only place where you see an equalizer (with presets) is in Apple’s own music app. If you want more treble in e,g. podcasts or YouTube videos you are simply out of luck. The only exception here is with some Apple earbuds.

Which Phonak aids do you have?

My Spheres will connect to my Apple devices (phone, watch and TV) as well as my Amazon Echo Spot using basic classic Bluetooth. So as long as your MP3 player has a relatively modern version of bluetooth, you should be fine.

The thing you may find if you have older Phonak aids is that they may not pair and connect to many devices. My Spheres will pair with eight devices and connect to two at the same time, but my Bolero aid will pair with two and only connect with one at a time.

The Paradise and upwards you’ll need to connect two devices at the same time.

1 Like

Will your MP3 player act as a master in order to pair with the aids? The master is the one that handles the job of pairing with the slave device. Hearing aids will generally act as a slave only.

Is there a reason why you wouldn’t just play the mp3s from your iPhone directly?

I have a pair of Phonak Naida P30 aids.

I have no idea how to play MP3 files from my iPhone. I know how to use Search and find some of what I want, but it would be easier to have a list or catalog of preferred tunes that I can use to summon what I want to listen to.