Move over MFi, has ASHA stepped up in Android 13 and BT 5.2?

Oh wow, so yeah that’s what happens, all the graduates go and find something useful in life (reading $$ signs,chasing the money) hopefully you’ll find a practice that sticks around, I guess there’s always DIY if things don’t work out.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll find someone when I’m ready.

Maybe I may add here that my Android Samsung phone also supportes bi- directional phone calls. I use them with the Starkey Evolv 2400 and with the Phonak RIC’s P90R and also with the Phonak Virto P90. Phone calls accepting with the phone in my pocket and talking through the microphones of the HA’s.
So, sorry but not only iPhone offers this nowadays. It is not the phone but the Hearing Aid which has to support this future.

In addition if the other side of the call does not hear you try to speak up louder this really helps as the mics have a selective voice amplifier in them.

You are comparing apple to oranges here…

Phonak does support bluetooth classic’s Hands free Profile, not Starkey which uses ASHA protocol.

2 Likes

If you reply on my statement:
Sorry I am not talking about protocols. I just stated that what @flashb1024 said in his phrase, as I quoted, was incorrect. Don’t care about what is used for that, only talking about possibility of bi-directional communication. (Talk through and listen through the HA’ s for an accepted phone call…). But assume you must agree with that, as I agree with you in the whole preceding discussion.

2 Likes

Hand free is coming with LE’s Audio CAP protocol.

Bluetooth Classic/ASHA/MFI is dead when all the manufactures start using LE Audio…

Resound may be preparing for LE audio in the future Omnia firmware update to synchronize with Cochlear Nucleus 8’s LE Audio firmware update which have been confirmed by Cochlear themselves…

I’m getting pretty excited as I have both devices on my ear right now!!!

3 Likes

Actually that would be great

I have complained about my Resound One aids and bluetooth being pitiful in the past, but lately I am having zero issues. They both connect every time now where before it was usually only one aid or the other, rarely both at once. And the bluetooth connection auto toggles between my car and aids much better. I haven’t used my Phone Clip in a while, no need

I failed to mention the fact that Phonak does, indeed have the ability for hands free,albeit in a different way than other mfgs.
'S,aul Good,man!

1 Like

I have a Costco KS10 with Samsung A53 5G running Android 12. I have an app programmed to auto answer on 2nd ring. (Don’t have to touch HA to answer.)
Outgoing calls, of course, auto-connects to HA.

I get so many robot calls and spam, I never answer an unknown caller. So if screen all calls

3 Likes

I think most carriers now have a way you set the phone to ignore spam type calls. My T-Mobile account seems to block three or four a week. Maybe two or three a month come through. For all I know, they may be blocking calls that don’t even appear. By “appear” a number shows up on my incoming call list but the phone never rang and it’s an unknown number.

Verizon in the US changes the Caller ID on some calls to “Possible Spam”.

2 Likes

I used to work for a company whose local office did that with design engineers. It was kind of fun watching them make the same mistakes each time a new product was designed. The company didn’t last too long once they started doing that.