Most powerful analog hearing aid that you used?

I used Unitron E1 P and Oticon E26 P in my right ear but those werent super power. I was in moderate loss range at 60 decibels. They were quite loud in noisy environments
What was your experience with power analog hering aids?

1 Like

Phonak Superfront hearing aids with 675 batteries.

Much prefer digital.

First digital hearing aid was for me, the Phonak Naida Spice.

1 Like

HAs used indeed to be a nightmare in loud environments, amplifying ruthlessly. But today’s HAs (like my Phonak Audéos) are way smarter, as they can be programmed to amplify depending on ambient volume levels, so the days that you needed to fiddle with the volume all day are (should be) over.

Yes, you’re right and I like noise reduction but these processed sounds are far from natural sounds. Besides normal hearing people dont have noise reduction and hear more like analog sounds than digital.
I’m not saying that digitals are bad

I’d like to try analog for playing my guitar and listening to live ensembles. I wonder if the sound would seem more natural. That said, I really like the fact that digital HAs amplify decibels where my loss is, and not so much where it isn’t. In that regard, digitals might sound more natural after all. I mean, with normal hearing, the various decibel levels work evenly, whereas with analog, I’[d have to boost everything in order to amplify the range where my loss is. And that would make my normal hearing range boom like mad.

Have you tried listening to the music with a dedicated music program of your digital hearing aids?. That’s what I do. I always have my audi add a manual music program.
I dont have analog aids anymore. It’s been 17 years since I last wore my analog aid.
I would want to try an analog aid to compare to my digitals but they are not manufactured anymore

Oh yes, I’m a musician. The first thing I do is dial in a dedicated music program. And yes, I love it!