Mimi hearing test

Thank you!
The internet broke yesterday. No wifi again today. No landline so no phone.

Came downstairs this morning. Wonderful old sound system was on. CD playing. Piano. Haven’t heard it in a long long time.

Sounded awful with my hearing aids. Absolutely terrible. If I had paid a lot of money for a once in a lifetime concert, I would have walked out

So I spent a couple of hours on YouTube trying to learn more. Personal hot spot

Someday I’ll get these hearing aids set up. Or die trying

1 Like

Poor precision, modern hearing aids treat tones as noise/feedback which leads to inaccuracies, clinical time.

But you’re right, if they aren’t doing REM they should be doing aided booth measures to verify the fitting.

You already measured their hearing, so you know whether they can hear what the hearing aid is spitting out.

REM has been preferred practice since the 80s.

1 Like

Thanks to both of you!

@DaveL
Sound recover transposes high frequencies to a lower range, if you have a typical sloping loss then it works.
In Target the audi can adjust for audibility, comfort and distinction.
This can be tested on the fly with “s” and “sh” sounds but you know what in office and real world experience is like, hence my saying that if you can hear high frequency like the bleep of the washer/dishwasher etc then it may not be worth it.
It is on by default for higher sloping losses but some users hate it.

@michael1

Thanks for your note! Means a lot! Do you setup your hearing aids yourself.?

Heck if I wired a HealthKit stereo amp I bet I could work with Target. Used that amp for years and years. It never let any smoke out! That’s a miracle. I’m colourblind. Every resister choice was scary

Yes I do thanks to this forum.
I know you are apple but if you could get access to a Windows rig you would cope.
“Healthkit” was that some kind of therapy?:wink:

1 Like

@michael1

Heathkit made hobby kits. Mine was a stereo amplifier. A friend built a Heathkit colour tv.

Therapy.ive had many Rife treatments with my dog that had cancer. Amazing experience at my vet. Check out Rife machine.

Sorry Dave you missed it. Check your last post.

I appreciate your suggestion.

I checked Noahlink on eBay. The only sources were in China. I don’t know if they’re reputable.

I don’t know where to ask questions on this forum.

See the DIY section on here under muted categories.
I got my Noah from Ebay £60.
My sense of humor couldn’t help noticing you predictive text quoted “HeaLthkit” amp ,hence the joke about therapy, and yes I remember the valve amps they used to make.

1 Like

For DIY forum.

1 Like

Laughing! I thoughght I caught it. Thank you!

iOS has set back reading and writing generations!