MacOS Sonoma and Hearing Aids (MFi)

Images uploaded on behalf of Jaden. He’s waiting for someone to approve his account.

2 Likes

I don’t see anything special here… it doesn’t look like he is routing the audio to his hearing aid… look like he is routing to his airpod max. it look like he is connected to his iphone and possibly routing the audio from mac to his iphone. which isn’t a solution i am looking for…

His hearing aids are showing as an OSX audio output device right? Isn’t that the implementation we are missing in the current OSX? Or Am I missing something?

In the current beta, my resound omnia shows up output wise and it doesn’t route to hearing aid, it always route to last known working routing config.

2 Likes

how are things with the fourth beta released today?

lol, still a no go on my Nucleus 8 sound processor…

1 Like

Still not working for me.

1 Like

“Connected on iphone”, but stil something is showing up.
My macbook cant see my Sonnet connected to iphone

1 Like

I got my omnia streaming directly to computer but not my Nucleus 7 and 8 sound processor with macOS sonoma beta 5

1 Like

one step forward! i hope so :wink:

2 Likes

GREAT NEWS! I got my firmware updated on my nucleus 8 and this magic happened but i still cannot stream to both!

4 Likes

getting there! Great news!

Thank you to those who keept this thread updated.

Today i decided to try Sonoma Open Beta 3 on m MacBook Pro 2021 16 Inch (M1) system.

The installation was seamless as expected. I then tried to pair my Oticon More 1 HAs under System Settings, Accessibility.

the experience was very similar to what you do on an iPhone…

The only surprising thing was a warning that connecting MFI Hearing Aids may interfere with the Magic Mouse perfornance. I do have a Magic Mouse so need to figure out what that is about but decided to turn it off to avoid problems pairing.

The pairing process was successful and audio routes to both HAs as you would expect.

the System Settings, Accessibility dialogue box looks like this:

I can stream audio to both HAs… still early days (just did this) so not sure what problems i can encounter.

I did disable Bluetooth on my iPhone to prevent the usual contention between devices. I will try to have both on at the same time later.

Hope that helps and YMMV.

5 Likes

It is working with my More 1 and Macbook Air M2 (public beta 3). I did not test the microphone yet though. I noticed that the volume could be a bit louder, at least compared to what I get with my iPhone.

Edit: I just did a test call on MSTeams with both microphone and speakers set to my More 1. It worked!! Sound quality is pretty decent.

2 Likes

Apparently now my sound processor is paired with my resound hearing aid… Just pairing hearing aid to my computer doesn’t stream now.

Pairing the hearing aid with sound processor apparently changes the hearing aid MFI protocol itself because it writes the sound processor id to the hearing aid…

oh dang im so jelaous haha :smiley:
are you using developers beta still? Or public beta?

doesn’t matter, public beta 3 and developer beta 5 are the same build.

1 Like

ok gotcha. Doesnt work on MEDEL still :frowning:

back to square one it seems, it look like Apple is blocking sound processor from showing up on there but when the hearing aid shows up.with sound processor id, both shows up. It is an bug or more specifically a rare edge case where the Apple engineers didn’t catch/considered

my friend has N7 from Cochlear and it doesnt work

1 Like