MacOS Sonoma and Hearing Aids (MFi)

Sonnet2/MEDEL also doesnt work. Still doeasnt even appear in Accessibility

Please give feedback (there is app for that installed in macbook/iphone) for Apple - so they will know there is issue. More people will write about that = better for us.

1 Like

Still broken on Beta 2

1 Like

I really do not understand one thing . Why can’t Apple enable hearing aid communication on all its computers, not only with M2 chip? Is it very difficult? Or is it resource eating? MFI hearing aid communication already was in the iPhone 4 (without M2 chip of course).

1 Like

macOS has a different codebase than iOS so bugs are bound to appear when porting iOS things to macOS.

So iOS programmers are much more smarter than Mac OS programmers? I don’t believe in that.

1 Like

no, they are largely the same people but different codebases have different use cases and they are still transitioning from intel silicon to Apple silicon…

1 Like

Exactly. It’s important that people give feedback. So apple sees that MFI is important to many people - and they will move it to the priority list

3 Likes

It’s too late to wake up. iPhone 4 was released in 2014, so are Mac programmers was in coma for about 10 years? We have always existed. Very strange. But after “ski goggles” I’m really concerned about the mental state of Apple management…

Ya you are correct, i don’t even understand why Apple left the mac division in shambled but they brought b it back because they were all putting resources into making macOS usable on Apple Silicon.

2 Likes

Can confirm it’s still not working in beta 2 with my Oticon Xceed. I have reported to Apple again. I can see them being detected in the console log (process name is heard) and they seem to immediately disconnect.

If you’re running the beta then please report using the feedback assistant, and we’ll have more chance of seeing it fixed sooner than later.

2 Likes

What does this problem look like? Does the computer find hearing aids but no sound transmitted? Does their name appear on the screen? Or “no devices found”?

For me it looks the same as I wrote 4 days ago (you can look up above). The only difference is that this time it doesn’t appear in Audio Device & Accessibility

Same as beta 1 because they have other issues to fix…

What is AudioStream for Sonnet? Is it an addition for speech processor? Maybe fully MFI hearing aids and external additions for CI have different pairing and communication principles?

Apple should at least acknowledge the issue in the release notes. Not doing so gives the impression that they don’t care about the deaf community imo.

2 Likes

Yes. You cannot connect Sonnet to iPhone/MacBook without this app. MEDEL made it that way. CI from Cochlear company doesnt need any apps.
On iPhone (i have ios17 for developers as well) it connected without any problems and works like a charm.

2 Likes

That’s why I keep repeating about giving feedback. Apple needs to know this is important to us :pray:

2 Likes

I don’t understand… If Sonnet can connect to iPhone, it have a MFI protocol. But what AudioStream do here?

MFI boot adapter for MedEl devices. Sonnet does not have a BT capable radio in them