Lyric Sound quality experience?

Hello. Just wondering if anyone who has worn hearing aids for a long time (more than a couple of years) can comment on the quality of Lyric’s sound vs. others hearing aids? I have worn Starkey Soundlens for the past 4 years (and HA in general since I was 3–am now in my 30s) and decided to trial the Lyrics today. Some things sound nice, but overall, it’s just way too noisy—I hear the fans/air/wind much more than usual and feel like I sound dampened when I talk. If anyone else has tried them, have you found that it’s a matter of finding the right adjustments or is it that this is just how they sound? Thanks for any insite you can provide!

Your audi can fine-tune the Lyric to better suit your preferences. Soft sounds can be reduced by adjusting the compression control, and your own voice sounding muffled can be fixed by decreasing the low frequency cut to give you more amplification in the lows.

Thank you!

That was exactly my reaction when I first started with Lyric.

It has improved with time and tune ups. My voice is normal. Fans are still somewhat annoying but overall a wonderful improvement over my Widex digitals.

— Updated —

That was exactly my reaction when I first started with Lyric.

It has improved with time and tune ups. My voice is normal. Fans are still somewhat annoying but overall a wonderful improvement over my Widex digitals.

The Lyric are simply very sophisticated analog amplifiers with sensitivity to bring in the high frequency sounds… along with EVERYTHING else.
These were my -first- venture into the HA world at 55 and brought me out of my hearing darkness.
Worked great initially until Lyric decided to innovate and forget about quality assurance testing.
I am moving to Starkey Soundlens next week (fitted yesterday) and look forward to the digital elimination of the background noise that you immediately noticed with your Lyric trial.
Its impossible to carry on a conversation in a restaurant or busy open location (mall, airport etc.) with Lyric.
Also missing is the rich bass from music as the earplugs allowed only the high frequencies and my family complained of the bass being way to high in my car and on TV.
Lyric is great for home and controlled environments where you are primarily interested in amplification and high frequency recovery.
Also helps if you are conveniently located to the Audi distributor for frequent office visits to get the defective units replaced that should never have left the factory.

Do not count on your Lyric battery to last more than 1 month.

My last experience with a bad Lyric run was 5 hours … and my Audi for limited Lyric distributorship in Cincinnati was 40 minutes away.

I made the 90 minute round trip 2 days in a row before deciding NEVER AGAIN… I can replace the batteries on a Soundlens and make out on pricing over the long run.