Lumity firmware version and updates

Hi,

Does anybody know what the latest version of the Lumity L90-RT is?
Mine are 1.0.5.0.

I was told that I cannot update the HAs firmware through the app, nor through remote fitting.
Is that true?

In that case, considering I rely on a remote audiologist, how will I be ever able to update the HAs firmware?

And are firmware updates relevant in your opinion?

Thanks!

If it were true, I am very surprised by this, Resound had this feature for many years now… Now, Cochlear brought this feature to the Nucleus 8 sound processor which is a 2022 device release.

You could do this yourself, you’ll need to DIY, target software and Noahlink wireless programming device are required and easily available.

In most cases no, you’d only need to update if it’s absolutely necessary, which is very rare, a lot of firmware updates are for the audiologist’s, not so much for the client, bug fixes etc.

2 Likes

Also from my experience, Resound and Cochlear release up to 2 major update to the devices for the user, which build on top of the chip platform release…

My audiologist said that he could send the update to me via remote assistance but he didn’t sound very convincing honestly.

And I read in this forum that firmware updates are only possible through Phonak fitting software and hardware.
So I just hope that firmware updates from Phonak are just bug fixes and don’t bring improvements to the hearing aids performance.

Nevertheless, does anybody know what Lumity’s latest firmware is?

Phonak website says this can’t happen……

3 Likes

You can have it updated by shipping it in, if you are willing to live without them…for at least a week or 2

1 Like

Mmm, in that case, if I find out that updates are important, I might ask a local audiologist that deals with Phonak to update the firmware for me, and give him some money in return…

In the if run, it’ll be cheaper to DIY.

@DamonHill

I missed the post on wheee you got the HAs.

Can you not visit where you got them from?

I’m Italian and I bought the HAs from Auzen, which is in Switzerland.

It’s true that the audiologist they rely on for Italian customers is located in Milan so I could visit him more easily but that’s why I needed to know in the first place if/when new firmware versions are released and if it’s actually important to update…

I bought my Noahlink Wireless Brand New for £120.00. That’s about €150.00 I think.

With audiologist fees and travel, it might be cheaper to DIY but it’s up to you.

I’m just aware that some audiologists charge like £350.00 here in the UK (I asked around as was curious) if you didn’t buy them from them. That’s a huge amount in my opinion.

Yeah, maximum I’d be willing to pay 30 euros for a firmware update! :sweat_smile:

Yeah the Noahlink seems like a possibility, thanks for your suggestion!

1 Like

I became aware of an update to the firmware for my paradise aids a bit more than a year ago. It required an in-person visit to resolve. I doubt this has changed for lumity.

WH

Has anyone upgraded to 1.0.6 already?
I’m finding it a bit buggy.

Buggy in what respect. I haven’t noticed any difference.

I’m getting randomly dropped into an automatic program with -5 volume. I never adjust the volume ever so this is a bit weird for me.
Bluetooth connectivity seems to be more hit and miss.

These issues could also be down to a new version of the Android app and also a recent Android update.
Far too many variables to isolate any one cause for now.

I have gone from having a completely transparent experience with no user intervention at all to lots of fiddling. It’s my own fault as I shouldn’t have been so keen to update everything.

If your aids require an INDUCTION charging base, also know that the BASE will need a firmware update from time to time. Yes, that AND the actual aids themselves.

Now why or WHY do these manufacturers keep shoving these rechargeable “solutions” on us? Is the world a simpler place with just aids + battery?

I ask a rhetorical question to which I already have an answer.

My L90-RT aids are 1.0.6.0, but that’s what they were fitted with a month or so ago. No problems to date

1 Like

Thanks, that’s helpful information.

Apparently 1.0.6.0 is a stability update.
I had been experiencing very rare temporary sound dropouts in my left aid so hopefully this version will help with that unless of course it is just a dodgy receiver.

Interesting. My Lumity L90-RT’s are still on 1.0.5.0 and I haven’t had any noticeable issues. I would argue that the Lumities are 5x more stable than my old Resound Quattro’s. I’ll ask for the update when I go back for a future adjustment. I wish Phonak would allow automatic updates via the app like Resound.

Jordan