Lumity and Roger On changing program when i open my mouth?

Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Family was at a busy restaurant. I whip out my new Roger On and place it on the table. App is running on the phone. Everything works fine until i take a bite of food. The app, or the hearing aids, or Roger, changes the program back to Automatic. I manually, on the app, change it back to Roger+mic. Take another bite of food and it happens again. It didn’t happen 100% of the time, more like 70% of the large bites of food. Chewing was normal. It was just when i opened my mouth wide.

Ideas?

@Don
Do you have tapping programmed ‘on’ for your aids? Maybe you have to set it ‘off’, or have to let your HCP do it for you in the Target programming software. As I could imagine it has to do with these settings.

2 Likes

I do have Tap Control enabled. The action I’m getting does not seem to be the same as i get when i double tap my ear.

I can get this from taking off or putting on glasses or yawning or a hundred other things. This could be it. Turn tap control off for the test.

WH

@Don
At least you can try, as @WhiteHat also suggests to put the tap control off. This behavior seems to be weird for this type of HA. And probably no one will come up with other suggestions… Good luck.

Maybe try changing the sensitivity of the tap control to “firm double tap”. Someone I know had a similar case, except it was putting on clothes over their head that caused the program change.